Washington D.C– American peoples craving for organic food is so strong that the supply is not keeping up with the demand//.
Reports indicate that the demand for organic food in America is mounting so quickly that it is exceeding its supply. It was stated that the sales of organic food have been increasing 15% to 21% every year, as compared with the 2% to 4% increase for the total food sales.
Foods that are grown without insecticide, fertilizer, hormones, antibiotics or biotechnology, are popularly called as Organic foods. The manufacturers of organic foods are now looking for ingredients in places like Europe, Bolivia, Venezuela, and South Africa, as the number of organic farms in the US, which are though increasing are not happening quickly enough to meet demand.
Barbara Robinson, the head of the Agriculture Department's National Organic Program in US, stating that the country is now importing much more organic food than it exports, told the press, “This is how you stimulate growth, is imports, Your own industry says, we're tired of importing this; why should I pay more for imports when I could start producing myself?”.
Due to the continued success of organic foods with the people many large mainstream grocery stores are attempting to meet the demand by themselves. Super stores like Kroger Co, Safeway Inc, and SuperValu Inc, which own Albertsons LLC, are some of the supermarkets that are already selling their own organic brands. Wal-Mart Inc had earlier this year announced it would be doubling the amount of organic foods that are offered in their stores.
Related medicine news :
1. America’s Clean Hands Report Card - Can’t Rise Above ‘C’ Lvel
2. America’s Arthritis Patients Take Sizeable Chunks Of Healthcare Econom
3. High Demand for a child vaccine
4. Demand for universal flu vaccination
5. Mentally Demanding Jobs Found To Reduce The Risk Of Alzheimer’
6. Research Fraud By Doctor – Probe Demanded
7. Drugs Manufacturers Capitalizing On The Surge In Demand For Bone Health Care
8. Bird Flu Likely To Reduce World Energy Demand
9. New Plastic Surgery Unit Set Up In Kolkata To Meet Ever-Increasing Consumer Demand
10. Sex Health Clinics Unable To Meet Increasing Demand
11. Bird Flu Scare Does Not Reduce Demand For Chicken