Park City, UT (PRWEB) October 26, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, the number one online small business health benefits solution, published new information on keeping healthcare costs down without cutting benefits.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, it's a common request from leadership - keep our health insurance costs down, without cutting employee health benefits. Likewise, it's a common struggle for HR professionals.
Here are six strategies that companies use for keeping healthcare costs down without reducing employee benefits.
1. Maximize the benefits offered with employee education: Educate employees on the benefits and how to use them.
2. Motivate employees to focus on preventive care and wellness: This can be done through education, wellness programs, and a company culture of health and wellness.
3. Focus on the benefits your employees care most about: Target benefits for better efficiency and effectiveness instead of cutting based on price alone.
4. Transition to a Consumer-Directed Health Plan: Consumer direct health plans come in various forms, but most commonly this means offering a high-deductible health plan paired with a spending account for out-of-pocket costs such as a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
5. Increase cost-sharing: It is especially common for companies to reduce contributions for dependent coverage.
6. Transition to a Pure Defined Contribution Plan: With defined contribution, the business controls all health benefits costs while providing the same (or better) health insurance coverage to employees. They simply set what they can afford and provide employees health insurance allowances. Employees use their allowance to purchase individual health insurance coverage and are reimbursed by the company, up to the amount available to them.
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHealth") for defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to small businesses and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about Zane Benefits, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11268466.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved