BeABreastCancerChampion.com empowers people to stay on guard
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- With one million U.S. women now living with undiagnosed breast cancer, and diagnoses in men forecast to rise, Yoplait(R) is challenging adults nationwide to get real about routine exams. Yoplait has launched http://www.BeABreastCancerChampion.com, a Web site where visitors can take the "Be a Breast Cancer Champion" Pledge and commit to better breast health.
By taking the "Be a Breast Cancer Champion" Pledge, individuals commit to a mammogram, clinical breast exam or breast self-exam. They can also email family and friends from the site, encouraging them to make the same commitment.
Pledgers will receive monthly emails reminding them to perform their breast self-exam or get regular screenings. They can also revisit the Web site and report how the "Be a Breast Cancer Champion" Pledge has impacted their life.
The Pledge is open to everyone in the U.S. who wants to learn about, and commit to, breast health.
BeABreastCancerChampion.com goes live in time for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual October commemoration.
U.S. Breast Cancer Statistics
- 180,510: Estimated 2007 new cases of invasive breast cancer (178,480
- 62,030: Estimated 2007 additional new cases of noninvasive (in situ)
breast cancer in women
- 1 in 8: Chance of developing breast cancer at some time in a woman's
- 40,910: Estimated 2007 deaths from breast cancer (40,460 women/450 men)
- 2nd: Breast cancer's rank in deaths among women vs. all other cancers
- 80-90%: Average percentage of breast cancers mammography will detect in
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved