Millions of Americans Can Lower Cholesterol with First-of-Its-Kind Centrum Cardio(1), and Now Reformulated Centrum Provides a Better Balance of Key
MADISON, N.J., Oct. 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wyeth Consumer Healthcare, a division of Wyeth (NYSE: WYE), announced today the availability of Centrum Cardio, (R) the first and only complete multivitamin, among leading brands, that can help lower cholesterol(1) and a newly reformulated line of complete adult daily multivitamins that has enhanced levels and better- balanced combinations of key nutrients. The new products from the Centrum(R) brand will further enable individuals to customize their nutrition regimen to fit their health and well-being needs.
"We are committed to ensuring that individuals get the nutrients they need every day," says Dwight Brown, Senior Vice President, Nutritionals/GI/Topicals, Wyeth Consumer Healthcare. "Centrum Cardio and the reformulated line of Centrum products give consumers key nutrients - at recommended levels - that work together."
Centrum Cardio is the first and only complete multivitamin, among leading brands, which can help lower cholesterol.(1) It contains CoroWise(R) phytosterols, a natural ingredient derived from soybeans that can significantly lower cholesterol.(1) There is significant scientific agreement that phytosterols can help reduce cholesterol and that such reductions may help reduce the risk of heart disease.(1) Cholesterol-lowering benefits may be seen in as early as four weeks.(1)
In addition to lowering LDL ("bad") cholesterol,(1) Centrum Cardio can help keep the heart healthy.(3) It contains:
* Antioxidant vitamins C and E to help protect cells against free radical
damage while helping maintain heart health(3)
* Folic acid and vitamins B6 and B12 to support heart health(3)
"We are pleased that Centrum now offers Centrum Cardio for the millions of consumers who are concerned about maintaining a healthy heart," says Brown.
Centrum Cardio should be taken twice daily with meals or snacks.
New Formula Centrum, the number one selling brand of multivitamin, has been reformulated based on the latest recommendations from the National Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medicine, along with other scientific sources, to provide a better balanced(2) combination of nutrients to work together.
The new formulation contains modified levels of eight key nutrients and other advances, which allow Centrum to provide consumers benefits, including:
* More(2) vitamin C and selenium to help support the immune system(3)
* Higher(2) levels of vitamin C and vitamin E, which work together to
help maximize their antioxidant power(3)
* A new form of vitamin D to help the body absorb calcium for healthy
bones and teeth(3)
* B vitamins to help the body unlock energy(3)
* Eight balanced interactive combinations(3)
New Formula Centrum(R) Silver(R), a balanced and complete(5) multivitamin that is specially formulated for adults age 50 plus, contains enhanced levels of 14 key nutrients and provides a better balanced combination of nutrients to work together to help support a healthy lifestyle.
New Formula Centrum Performance(R), a balanced and complete(5) multivitamin that helps energize the body and mind(3), is now available to enable individuals to better customize their nutrition regimen to fit their well-being needs.
Centrum Performance now has more absorbable forms of key nutrients(4) and contains ginseng, ginkgo and B vitamins to help unlock energy for the body and mind.(3)
About New Formula Centrum Family of Products
Centrum, one of the leading multivitamins in market today, helps provide up-to-date and balanced nutritional support because Centrum understands the power of vitamins and minerals working together.
New Formula Centrum is available in tablet form at retailers, grocery stores and pharmacies across the country.
Like all dietary supplements, Centrum products should be taken only as directed.
More information about the New Formula Centrum family of products can be found by accessing http://www.Centrum.com or by calling 1-877-CENTRUM.
About Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare, a division of Wyeth, is one of the world's leaders in the development, manufacturing and marketing of non-prescription medicines, vitamins and nutritional products, including established brands such as Advil,(R) Centrum,(R) ChapStick,(R) Dimetapp(R) and Robitussin.(R) Wyeth is one of the world's largest research-driven pharmaceutical and health care products companies. It is a leader in the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, biotechnology products and non-prescription medicines that improve the quality of life for people worldwide. The Company's major divisions include Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Wyeth Consumer Healthcare and Fort Dodge Animal Health.
(1) Foods or dietary supplements containing at least 400 mg per serving of free phytosterols taken twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 800 mg, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A daily serving of Centrum Cardio (2 tablets) contains 800 mg of CoroWise phytosterols. [Based on FDA Interim Final Rule for Food Labeling: Health Claims, Plant Sterol/Stanol Esters and Coronary Heart Disease (September 8, 2000); FDA Enforcement Discretion Letter (February 14, 2003).]
(2) Compared to Original Formula Centrum
(3) These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
(4) Refers to copper and chromium as compared to original Centrum Performance formula.
(5) Contains all nutrients with an RDI except iron for Centrum Silver. CoroWise(R) is a licensed trademark of Cargill, Incorporated.
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved