NANDA International Members Sponsor $2,000 Conference Scholarship Writing Contest
Green Bay, WI (Vocus) - Undergraduate nursing students have an opportunity of a lifetime: write an article about nursing diagnosis for a chance to win a $2,000 scholarship to an international nursing conference in Madrid, Spain.
The article writing contest is sponsored by Gail Ladwig MSN, CHTP, RN and Betty Ackley MSN, EdS, RN, members of NANDA International. NANDA International (NANDA-I) is a professional nursing association that develops, refines and promotes terminology that accurately reflects nurses' clinical judgments. "We believe this is a great way to encourage nursing students to learn more about NANDA-I and the language of nursing," said Ladwig. "Plus, it provides the winning nursing student the opportunity to attend a top notch conference, where they can meet and network with international nursing leaders."
The student winner receives a $2,000 (USD) scholarship to the 2010 NANDA-I/AENTDE Joint International Nursing Diagnosis Congress in Madrid, Spain, to be held May 12 - 14, 2010. The theme of the conference is: Towards a Global Future for Nursing - Developing Language, Sharing Knowledge. The student will present his/her winning article in poster format at the Madrid conference, and will be recognized at the conference Awards reception. Following the conference, the winning article will be submitted to the International Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications for possible publication. The winning student will also receive a one-year paid membership in NANDA-I.
Details of the article writing contest include:
- The contest is open worldwide, to students enrolled in an undergraduate nursing degree / first entry into practice program
- The article topic is "Promoting safety and evidence-based nursing care for patients in the clinical setting, by using NANDA-I standardized nursing language."
- Article entries will be judged on originality of thought, how well the student adheres to the criteria outlined in the contest rules and the clarity with which the the importance of standardized nursing language is addressed.
- Articles must be submitted online by November 20, 2009, at www.nanda.org
- As an incentive for early submissions, nine one-year paid memberships in NANDA-I will be awarded to the first nine articles submitted for the contest.
- Judging will take place in December 2009 with the winner notified by January 2010.
- The scholarship must be used for attendance at the conference; it is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or other considerations
- A complete listing of the Article Writing Contest rules and entry information can be found at the NANDA-I website: www.nanda.org. A contest forum is also available at the NANDA-I website, along with resources for writing scholarly journal articles.
"We are tremendously excited about this opportunity for nursing students," said Professor Dickon Weir-Hughes, President of NANDA International. "It is outstanding that two of our members have taken the initiative to fund this effort. It truly shows their commitment to standardized nursing language, to NANDA-I and to the next generation of nurses."
NANDA International, whose membership is comprised of nurses and health care professionals, is an organization that develops, refines and promotes terminology that accurately reflects nurses' clinical judgments. NANDA International's unique, evidence-based language includes social, psychological and spiritual dimensions of care to improve the health care of all people.
Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.
920-965-7750 ext. 119
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/09/prweb2904274.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. The Aftermath: Robert Carson Krause Writes About his Struggle with PTSD and his Belief that War Is a Senseless Exercise in Futility2
. Randall Terry, Abortion, and Health Care: Terry comments on disruption of Health Care Town Hall meeting. Yes: We disrupted Howard Deans speech, and we would do it again. Obama and Pelosi must write into the bill: "No Abortion Funding; No mandates for 3
. Hamptons Artists & Writers 61st Annual Charity Softball Game To Benefit Phoenix House - To be Held at Herrick Park, East Hampton, Saturday, August 15, 2009, 3 pm4
. MultiNational Underwriters Is Now HCC Medical Insurance Services5
. MultiNational Underwriters Is Now HCC Medical Insurance Services 6
. Got Moving Stories? Calling All Reporters, Writers, Producers and Editors7
. Travis McCoy, Lead Vocalist & Songwriter of Alternative Hip Hop Band Gym Class Heroes, Travels to South Africa, Philippines and India as MTV Internationals 2009 Staying Alive Foundation Ambassador8
. Underwriters Laboratories Reminds Parents to Pay Attention to Staycation Safety Hazards9
. Leading Independent Proxy Advisory Firm Supports Specialty Underwriters Alliance, Inc. in Its Proxy Contest Against Hallmark Financial Services, Inc.10
. Brain Scans Reveal Secrets of Writers Cramp11
. California Association of Health Underwriters Calls Foul Over Partisan Health Care Reform Process