2. Second Prize: $10,000 to NanoLab (calculator-sized device the can perform accurate diagnostic tests at point of care)
3. Third Prize: $5,000 to R2R Therapeutics (cationic steroid antibiotic to treat infections caused by drug-resistant bacteria)
4. Gloeckner Undergraduate Award: $5,000 for the highest ranking Wharton undergraduate team to PowerFlower Solar (design and manufacture of solar devices to allow farmers to “grow” electricity).
5. People's Choice Award: $3,000 to Kembrel.com (private sales clubs for students offering discounted brand name products)
6. Committee Prize/Social category: Ecoclutch (sustainable bags)
7. Committee Prize/Global category: Hector (nutrient rich “PowerWater” drink in innovative pouch for emerging markets)
8. Committee Prize/Committee’s Choice category: PowerFlower Solar
University of Pennsylvania Medical School student Stephanie Huang, Cortical Concepts’ team leader, stated in her Venture Finals presentation that the company’s device will improve long term health for nearly 10 million osteoporosis patients in the US at risk. The team has completed a small scale pre-clinical trial with human cadaveric spine, performed mechanical bench-top testing and completed four rounds of beta prototyping. Competitors in nearly a dozen nationwide business plan contests, Cortical Concepts has raised over $40,000 in grant funding.
Over the years, the Wharton Business Plan Competition, which is open to any University of Pennsylvania student and managed by Wharton Entrepreneurial Programs, has seen numerous student teams go on to become successful businesses including PayMyBills.com, buySAFE, NetConversions, Integral Molecular, DealMaven, InfraScan, Warby Parker Eyewear, Embrace Pet Insurance, Petplan USA and MicroMRI.
Page: 1 2 3 Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. 2010 Wharton Health Care Business Conference - Feb. 25-26, Philadelphia, PA2
. SCAN Health Plan Arizona Named one of Areas Best Places to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal and BestCompaniesAZ, LLC3
. Strauss Radio Strategies - The Nation's Leading Radio Media Relations Firm - Expands Government Business with Award on GSA Schedule 4
. HR Allen Provides Businesses with Three New Services.5
. NBTY to be Featured on the FOX Business Program FOXBusiness.com LIVE6
. Azantis Inc. Receives 2009 NBJ Business Achievement Award From Nutrition Business Journal7
. Sunquest Introduces First Business Intelligence Solution in Laboratory Marketplace8
. Aegis Livings CEO Transforms Business As Usual One Employee At a Time9
. Cymetrix to Provide Extended Business Office Services at UC San Diego Medical Center10
. Sunquest Information Systems Enters Into Business Relationship with Valley Medical Center of Washington 11
. Twitter Contest: Free, Onsite H1N1 Vaccination Day for Winning Businesses