Shawnee, KS (PRWEB) September 26, 2013
Perceptive Software, creator of process and content management products and solutions, announces that York, Pennsylvania-based WellSpan Health will deploy Perceptive's vendor neutral archive (VNA) solution to support the health system's three hospitals (WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital and WellSpan Surgery and Rehabilitation Hospital) and 35 outpatient care centers that provide diagnostic imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation, primary care, retail pharmacy, walk-in health care and other essential services.
The Perceptive VNA is powered by Acuo Technologies’ Universal Clinical Platform, a vendor neutral foundation that drives better care delivery through a patient-centric approach to clinical content management. With its acquisition of Acuo in January, Perceptive Software is able to offer a unique set of technologies to the healthcare sector—enterprise content management (ECM), VNA with clinical content viewing, and database conversion—that combine to manage the entire range of content within the healthcare enterprise.
- WellSpan will utilize Perceptive's VNA software to improve clinical workflow and archiving capabilities for radiology and cardiology imaging studies, stored today in a proprietary picture archiving and communication system (PACS) format. The Perceptive VNA will enable these studies to be shared more easily across the enterprise.
- The VNA software will also improve business continuance and disaster recovery capabilities and give WellSpan greater freedom and flexibility to implement departmental systems that best meet patient care, clinical quality and business process needs.
- Perceptive's VNA software will provide clinical abstraction, workflow and life cycle management for 550,000 radiology and cardiology studies annually. Perceptive Software will assist WellSpan in migrating approximately 3.4 million existing imaging studies into the new enterprise VNA.
- The Perceptive VNA solution will be implemented in two phases. During the first phase, the VNA will be installed in primary and secondary data centers, with existing radiology and cardiology studies migrated from the company's current PACS system. The second phase of the implementation is scheduled for 2014, when WellSpan plans to convert enterprise image management to full VNA workflow after implementation of a new PACS system.
- WellSpan has been a Perceptive Software customer since 2006, using Perceptive Capture to support the accounts payable process and Perceptive Content to support processes that include patient registration and scheduling, human resources, contracts administration and purchasing. Future plans for Perceptive products include addition of non-DICOM archiving capacities, integration of an enterprise viewer to the organization's electronic medical record (EMR) system and participation in community health information exchange (HIE) processes.
“We are excited by this partnership with Perceptive to establish a neutral archive of our images,” said Hal Baker, Sr. Vice President, Clinical Improvement and CIO, WellSpan. “We believe the flexibility the Perceptive VNA provides us will be important for our future.”
About WellSpan Health (http://www.wellspan.org)
Nestled in the rolling farmlands of south central Pennsylvania, WellSpan Health is known for high-quality healthcare, compassionate people and innovative technology. WellSpan has a well-earned reputation for superior care – of employees, as well as patients. What started as a small community hospital in 1880, has evolved into an integrated health system with three respected hospitals serving more than 650,000 people in south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Additionally, the WellSpan Medical Group includes more than 500 highly respected primary care physicians, specialists and advance practice clinicians in some 54 locations across the region. Specialty areas include cancer care, heart care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women’s health, behavioral health and more. More than 9,000 physicians, employees, volunteers, board members and auxilians are committed to providing patients with the very best in health and wellness care.
About Perceptive Software (http://www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Lexmark’s Perceptive Software (NYSE: LXK) builds intelligent capture, content management, process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect the unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people who need it most.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11168248.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. You Survived Cancer: Now Pay Attention to Your Overall Health2
. NIH awards $20 million over 5 years to train next generation of global health researchers3
. Weill Cornell Medical College establishes Center for Healthcare Informatics and Policy4
. Esophageal Cancer Surgery Can Leave Lingering Health Problems, Study Says5
. Climate Change Could Be Tough on Seniors Health: Study6
. Supporting LGB children may influence their long-term health, BU study finds7
. U.S. Spends Too Little on Public Health Initiatives: Report 8
. Optimal care of bariatric surgery patients vital for long-term health and well-being9
. Timing pregnancy an important health concern for women10
. Unique approach needed to accurately assess health of young adult cancer survivors11
. Social ties have mixed impact on encouraging healthy behaviors in low-income areas