Device can provide solution for early detection of ear infections
LENEXA, Kan., Feb. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Parents are blogging and tweeting away this winter on the topic of ear infections, which are the No. 1 reason for children's visits to the emergency room.
"Parents often turn to the Internet for advice on childhood illnesses, especially ear infections," says Joe Kessinger of Innovia Medical, manufacturer of the EarCheck Middle Ear Monitor. "We know they're online seeking advice and offering tips to each other. We want to offer EarCheck as a solution."
To view the Multimedia News Release, go to: http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/earcheck/35939/
EarCheck is a home-use device that helps parents accurately detect if middle ear fluid is present in a child's ear, one of the key signs of an ear infection. "Through social media, we can quickly provide parents with the information they need to determine whether or not they should make the trip to the doctor, saving them time and money," Kessinger said.
EarCheck has launched a Twitter page to provide parents valuable expert advice on ear infection diagnosis and care. Twitter is just one platform where this conversation is taking place. Some recent examples of such conversations include:
@EarCheck "I have 3 boys all have ear problems I feel so bad when they hurt so much!"
@EarCheck "I so need one of these. My daughter has chronic ear infections!!"
Related medicine news :1
- EarCheck Middle Ear Monitor is the first clinically proven home-use monitor that accurately detects middle ear fluid, a key sign of an ear infection. EarCheck helps parents to identify when a child might have an ear infection and when it is necessary to seek medical attention.
- Users simply place the tip of the handheld device over the outer ear canal, press the Scan button, and obtain a reading.
- The presence of fluid is ranked on a1-5 color scale, where level 1 (Green) indicates fluid/ear infection unlikely, and levels 3-5 (Red) indicate a likelihood of fluid/ear infection. Check out our site to learn more about how EarCheck works at www.earcheck.com/product_information/how_earcheck_works.
- EarCheck has been used by over 5,000 medical professionals and more than 70,000 parents.
- The EarCheck Middle Ear Monitor is currently available through Innovia Medical's Web site and select retailers such as Wal-Mart and CVS. EarCheck's suggested retail price is $49-$59.
. Video: Women in the Workforce Link Cosmetic Surgery to Success2
. Video: Lands End Introduces New Sun.Life(TM) Collection3
. Video: Pampers Together with Actress Salma Hayek Helps UNICEF Move Closer Toward Goal of Eliminating Deadly Tetanus Through Global One Pack = One Vaccine Campaign4
. Video: Celebrities and Professional Athletes Invite the Public to Join them at the Third Annual National Walk for Epilepsy on March 28, in Washington, D.C.5
. Video: Cardiologists Recommend Lifestyle Habits for Healthy Hearts6
. Video: Diet Coke and Heidi Klum Use Their Charm to Raise Awareness of Womens Heart Health7
. Video: Most Parents and Caregivers Unaware Their Best Intentions May Be Fostering Tooth Decay in Children8
. Video: Late Winter/Early Spring is Meningitis Peak Season: Is Your Preteen or Teen at Risk?9
. Video: Teen Athletes Who Stay Fit With Milk Can Earn Cash for College10
. Video: Solta Medical Introduces Advanced Thermage Body Tip 16.0 for Faster Body Shaping and Contouring Treatments11
. Video: Supermodel Kim Alexis Joins Forces with the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists in a National PSA to Raise Awareness About Thyroid Problems