A GPS navigation device allows you to most accurately determine the longitude, latitude and altitude of a point on or above the Earth’s surface - instantly. This multi-perspective triangulation clearly leads to precise objective measurements. In a similar fashion, the Success Profiles performance measurement system incorporates a number of key vital signs from all stakeholders to assist you in managing leadership performance by department. In essence, you create a “multi-multi rating” GPS measurement system.
Bozeman, MT (PRWEB) August 12, 2009 -- A GPS navigation device allows you to most accurately determine the longitude, latitude and altitude of a point on or above the Earth’s surface -- instantly. This multi-perspective triangulation clearly leads to precise objective measurements. In a similar fashion, the Success Profiles performance measurement system incorporates a number of key vital signs from all stakeholders to assist you in managing leadership performance by department. In essence, you create a “multi-multi rating” GPS measurement system.
According to Tom Olivo, President/CEO of Healthcare Performance Solutions and Success Profiles, “By triangulating key performance indicators, you create more accurate and meaningful business intelligence that can deliver tangible short-term and long-term benefits.”
The Success Profiles “GPS” performance metrics typically consist of the following:
1. Employee Survey Results: Quantified (multi rater)feedback from all employees about the leadership ability of their immediate manager
2. Soft performance measures: Quantified cultural measures such as job satisfaction, organizational loyalty, professional engagement and patient satisfaction
3. Performance Management Eye Chart: A “bottom up” performance management evaluation tool that illustrates leadership performance as perceived by the staff, in an easy-to-understand graphical format
4. Talent Management Eye Chart: A “top down” talent management evaluation that ranks talent of managers as perceived by their superiors
5. The Objective Hard Performance Metrics: Outcome measures that include financial performance, productivity, labor costs, throughput cycle times, turnover and productivity
6. The Integrated Performance Measurement Scorecard: A sophisticated tool that allows leaders to view every performance measure at one-glance for coaching purposes or performance monitoring
7. Talent Alignment and Appointment Practices: An organizational index of leadership “IQ” alignment that illustrates how often the Right People are appointed to the Right Roles
According to Olivo, “The data analyzing over 7,000 leaders is very clear and compelling…as goes the talent and performance of the front line managers, so goes the performance within their span of control by any measure. Healthcare organizations need to better align demonstrated leadership capability with the complexity of the assignment if they want more consistent results. The average hospital only aligns the Right leaders with the appropriate level of complexity 55% of the time. The best organizations do it 85% of the time. It’s no mystery why those organizations get better overall outcomes.”
The high impact of employee engagement on patient satisfaction and financial outcomes is tied into front-line manager capability. Measuring and tracking metrics around front-line managers in critical to help you meet the extraordinary challenges you are facing in healthcare today.
About Healthcare Performance Solutions (HPS):
Healthcare Performance Solutions is an advisory services firm that helps hospitals and health systems improve organizational performance. Established in 2002, HPS has been retained by over 200 hospital systems to improve workforce optimization, employee engagement, patient outcomes, productivity, and the net operating margin. The core purpose of HPS is to improve the health of healthcare, one organization at a time.
For more information or to receive a copy of the referenced white paper, please contact:
Healthcare Performance Solutions
mfelts (at) healthcareps.com
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/08/prweb2738804.htm.
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved