FAIRFIELD, N.J., April 20 /PRNewswire/ -- UNICO National, the largest Italian American Service Organization in the United States, is pleased to announce its 2009 Award recipients. The Awardees will be honored at the 87th Annual UNICO National Convention in Lake Las Vegas, NV this July.
Grand Order Filippo Mazzei Grand Patriot Award
Alan Krutchkoff, Fairlawn, NJ
Founder of the Adopt a Soldier Platoon
Cianci Humanitarian Award:
Dr. Joseph Scelsa, New York, NY
Dr. Scelsa is the Founding President and CEO of the Italian American Museum in New York City's Little Italy.
Mille Grazie Award:
Joseph Maselli, New Orleans, LA
The prestigious Mille Grazie Award literally means "a thousand thanks" and is given in appreciation to individuals, institutions or companies that have been instrumental in helping to foster the image of Italian Americans through positive programs, as well as confronting the negative, and have shown themselves to be friends of the Italian American community.
Antonio R. Rizzuto Award:
A.J. "Buddy" Fortunato, Little Falls, NJ
Publisher of the Italian Tribune Newspaper, a weekly publication since 1933 that covers everything Italian.
Dr. Anthony P. Vastola Award:
Paul Alongi, Bloomfield, NJ
UNICO's highest award bestowed upon a member of UNICO will be awarded this year to Paul Alongi, who served as the National President of UNICO in 1975 and has been a member of the Bloomfield, NJ Chapter of UNICO for over 50 years. Mr. Alongi has continued to serve the national organization in numerous positions throughout his tenure.
SOURCE UNICO National
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Veridex Completes Acquisition of Immunicon Corporation Assets
2. The Makers of BENADRYL(R) and the National Park Foundation Encourage People to Pledge to Spend More Time Enjoying Outdoor Moments
3. First Annual World Meningitis Day Gaining National Support
4. PRA International to Present Key Challenges for Safety Professionals at the World Drug Safety Congress: PRA Experts discussing REMS at Washington DC Conference
5. MEDNAX National Medical Group(TM) Uses Courions Enterprise Suite to Automate Identity and Access Management
6. New National Online Survey Says Bipolar Depressive Symptoms Have Impact on Day-To-Day Tasks as Well as Social Activities(1)
7. Dallas-Fort Worth Bariatric Surgeon Earns Top Honors from Two National Medical Organizations
8. The National Multiple Sclerosis Societys 35th Annual Dinner of Champions to Honor Summit Entertainments Rob Friedman
9. National Managed Care Provider First to Workers Compensation Market with Innovative Technology that Reduces Costs to Employers
10. VirtualScopics Scientists to Present at International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 17th Scientific Meeting and Exhibition
11. Medical International Technology Inc. "MIT" announces a minimum of 6 million dollars exclusive agreement for a period of 5 years with a Malaysian Distributor for its Med-Jet(R) Needle-Free Jet-Injector