Revised 2008 Guidance
The Company's 2008 revised outlook is as follows:
* Total medical enrollment is expected to grow approximately 4-4.5
percent, with Medicare Advantage enrollment rising approximately
47-52 percent, up from our previous estimate of 45-48 percent.
* Consolidated operating revenues are now anticipated to be
$1.73-$1.76 billion, an increase from our prior estimate of
* Consolidated loss ratio is expected to be 84.5-85.0 percent, a 100
basis point increase from previous guidance, with the managed care
MLR now ranging between 88.5-89.0 percent, driven largely by the
Company's Medicare dual eligible product.
* Consolidated operating expense ratio is unchanged and anticipated to
be approximately 14.7 percent.
* The Company reduced its earnings per share expectation to
$1.72-$1.82 from $1.88-$1.98, based on 32.2 million weighted average
diluted shares outstanding, which excludes net realized and
unrealized gains (losses) on investments and derivatives.
Conference Call and Webcast
Management will host a conference call and webcast Thursday, October 30 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time to discuss its financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2008, as well as expectations for future earnings. To participate, callers within the U.S. and Canada should dial 1-800-257-3401, and international callers should dial 1-303-262-2141 about five minutes before the presentation.
To listen to the webcast, participants should visit the Investor
|SOURCE Triple-S Management Corporation|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved