Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 06, 2013
Dr. Kat (http://www.drkat.com) gives her followers an early holiday present: Top Eight Benefits of Orgasms Seldom Discussed.
1. Relieve Tension: The relaxation that typically follows orgasm is often one of the few times people actually allow themselves to completely relax and let go of stress.
2. Sleep Enhancer: Following an orgasm men usually experience a quick drop in blood pressure and fall into sudden relaxation. For women the effect is more progressive but just as powerful. Consider orgasm as your own personal tranquilizer. Throw the Ambien out and overcome insomnia. Let the joyful release of endorphins take over and calm your body and mind.
3. Boosts Your Immune System: With orgasm, DHEA is released and Dr. Theresa Crenshaw, author of Alchemy of Love and Lust, says DHEA may be the most powerful chemical in our personal world. It helps balance the immune system, improves cognition, promotes bone growth, and maintains and repairs tissues, keeping your skin healthy and supple. It can mean less frequent colds and flu.
4. Reduces Depression: Many hormones are positively affected by the act of sex and orgasm, which can lead to a lighter mood. Another theory is proposed by psychologist Gordon Gallup, who states that Prostaglandin, a hormone found in semen, may have led to 30 percent more of his female study participants to report feeling happier than the participants who did not have men ejaculate inside of them. So, he can apparently make you feel happy inside and out!
5. Helps You Eat Better: Sexual stimulation activates the production of phenetylamine, a natural amphetamine that regulates your appetite. So start curbing those midnight cravings with a little midnight sex.
6. Alleviates Pain: Oxytocin should be everyone’s favorite hormone. When oxytocin is secreted in your body it helps release wonderful endorphins. Because of these natural opiates, sex—and specifically orgasm—become a powerful analgesic, elevating the pain threshold. Orgasms can even help to relieve the pain of arthritis, whiplash, and headaches. Now that is a prescription everyone can follow.
7. Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease: It is simple— by having sex three or more times per week, individuals reduce their risk of heart attack or stroke by half.
8. Helps You to Live Longer: A British study of 1,000 people found those who had at least two orgasms per week had half the death rate of the rest of the country, which admitted to indulging in sex less than once per month. Live long and prosper.
About Dr. Kat:
Dr. Kat Van Kirk received her doctorate in Human Sexuality/Clinical Sexology from the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. She runs the website: http://www.drkat.com and is the resident expert for Adam and Eve (http://www.AdamAndEve.com). She is also an associate professor at the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco and an adjunct professor at Akamai University in Hilo, Hawaii. She is the author of “The Married Sex Solution: A Realistic Guide to Saving Your Sex Life,” an e-book available on Amazon.com. (http://tinyurl.com/n7uo7uv).
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11398747.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved