Fort Myers, FL (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
ACSIA Long Term Care Inc. recently surveyed insurance experts on what they think are the best reasons to get coverage for long term care. Overwhelmingly, more than 95% responded with the top reason: to protect your assets and hard-earned savings from the high costs of care in the future.
The survey is aimed at finding the most important answers to why people should get long term care insurance. Though 70% of American adults age 65 and above will soon need long term care, only 10% have prepared with a private policy. The rest will be facing old age and retirement relying only on their savings and assets to pay for care out-of-pocket, a risky plan given the high costs of care.
Listed below are the top ten reasons to buy long term care insurance, in order of percentage of respondents who answered it:
1. Protect assets and hard-earned savings. (95.7%)
2. Relieve burden of caregiving from family. (86.9%)
3. Get higher quality of care, including coordinated care support. (65.2%)
4. Have multiple options for care services and care provider. (60.9%)
5. Continue living at home. (60.8%)
6. Enjoy peace of mind with a plan in place. (56.5%)
7. Be prepared with a plan to answer future expenses. (55.3%)
8. Maintain independence and keep dignity. (52.2%)
9. Secure inheritance or legacy for family members or charities. (47.8%)
10. Preserve quality of life especially in retirement. (43.5%)
Other reasons given that did not make the top ten include: Take responsibility for your own future (39.1%); Prepare for the high likelihood of needing care (34.7%), and; Avoid reliance on government long term care programs such as Medicaid (33.7%).
Individuals looking to learn more about long term care insurance and why it’s needed can visit http://completelongtermcare.com/.
Founded in 1958, ACSIA® is a leading national distributor of Long Term Care insurance. ACSIA® is a member of the LTC Global group of companies and headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida. For more information about ACSIA®, visit http://www.acsia.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11089490.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved