BERKELEY, Calif., May 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Mayer Laboratories, Inc., a marketer of high-quality contraceptives and the exclusive distributor of the Today Vaginal Contraceptive Sponge for the US, Canada and the EU, announced today that the Today(R) Sponge has been re-launched in the United States. Available soon in more than 13,000 drug stores across the country and on-line, the Today Sponge will be carried in 6,500 CVS/Longs drug stores in May and in 6,700 Walgreens and 200 Duane Reade locations in June.
Originally introduced in 1983, the Today Sponge affords the freedom and flexibility of 24 hour contraceptive protection, and offers a safe, effective, hormone-free birth control alternative for millions of American women. The Today Sponge has been a popular over-the-counter birth control method for women, with over 150 million sponges sold since its introduction.
For more than 20 years, Mayer Labs has marketed and distributed contraceptive and reproductive healthcare products in the United States and abroad. According to David Mayer, CEO of Mayer Labs, "We are very pleased to add the Today Sponge to our portfolio of high quality reproductive products. The Today Sponge has always remained popular with many advantages; the recent interruption of distribution was not the result of product quality or consumer demand, but was due to the previous owner, Synova Healthcare Group, filing bankruptcy."
The Today Sponge is being re-launched with exciting new packaging and an all new website www.todaysponge.com. Suggested retail price for 3 Pack-$14.99.
About The Today(R) Sponge
The Today Sponge is a soft polyurethane sponge containing nonoxynol 9, a spermicide used by millions of women for more than 40 years. The Today Sponge prevents pregnancy in 3 ways:
1) by block
SOURCE Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. MedPage Today(R) Named Best Online Healthcare Publication
2. Mayer Labs Acquires Today(R) Sponge Distribution Rights
3. Election-Eve MedPage Today(R) Poll Gives Obama Double-Digit Lead Among Clinicians
4. MedPage Today(R) Selects iSEEK(TM) to Improve Quality of Patient Care
5. MedPage Today(R) Provides First-Time Live Video Coverage of Medical Meeting Press Conferences
6. MedPage Today(R) Wins Prestigious eHealthcare Leadership Award
7. Today(R) Sponge to be Distributed in Hong Kong and Macau
8. MedPage Today(R) Continuing Medical Education Activities Now Offer AAPA Credit for Physician Assistants
9. Drug-Coated Sponges May Limit Catheter Infections
10. Patient Safety Technologies, Inc. Announces the Adoption of the Safety-Sponge(TM) System by the First Hospital in the State of Indiana
11. SpongeTech(R) Delivery Systems, Inc. Clarification of Yesterdays $7,500,000 Order of Uncle Normans(TM) Pet Sponge