ROCHESTER, N.Y., May 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Recent scientific studies published in the medical journals Cancer Research, Carcinogenesis, Oncology, British Journal of Urology, Journal of Nutrition, and others, showed that the food extracts Quercetin, EGCG, Glycyrrhizin, and Trans-Cinnamaldehyde have anti-cancer activities.
Gene-Eden is a dietary supplement that includes all four food extracts in a unique, patent-pending formulation. Gene-Eden was introduced in February 2009 following extensive research on the anti-cancer activities of certain food extracts. Gene-Eden is manufactured and marketed in the US and Israel.
Some Scientific Studies:
Quercetin (a compound found in capers, apples, red onion, and other foods)
1. Nothlings U, et al. A food pattern that is predictive of flavonol intake and risk of pancreatic cancer. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Dec;88(6):1653-62.
2. Knekt P, et al. Flavonoid intake and risk of chronic diseases. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002 Sep;76(3):560-8.
3. Cruz-Correa M, et al. Combination treatment with curcumin and quercetin of adenomas in familial adenomatous polyposis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006 Aug;4(8):1035-8.
EGCG (a compound found in green tea)
1. Bettuzzi S, et al. Chemoprevention of human prostate cancer by oral administration of green tea catechins in volunteers with high-grade prostate intraepithelial neoplasia: a preliminary report from a one-year proof-of-principle study. Cancer Res. 2006 Jan 15;66(2):1234-40.
2. Zhang M, et al. Green tea and the prevention of breast cancer: a case-control study in Southeast China. Carcinogenesis. 2007 May;28(5):1074-8.
SOURCE Center for the Biology of Chronic Disease
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Scientists Spot Brains Free Will Center
2. CRC Health Group Announces Acquisition of Bayside Marin Recovery Center, San Rafael
3. Providence St. Joseph Medical Center, Caregivers Reach Agreement on a Union Contract
4. 4-Star Gen. Barry McCaffrey, Former U.S. Drug Czar, to Address National Drug Crisis, Keynote Grand Opening of New Allenwood, PA National Model Detox Center
5. PainCare Receives $14.4 Million in Cash From Completed Sale of South Florida Ambulatory Surgery Centers
6. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Wal-Mart, and Abbott Host Child Safety Events
7. Regional Center of Orange County Expands Family Support Resources to Meet Growing Needs
8. End-to-End HR Performance Benchmarks: Metrics That Will Help Turn the HR Cost Center into a Productivity Driver
9. Governor Rendell Proclaims Sept. 9-15 as Senior Community Center Week
10. Concentra Opens On-Site Medical Unit at World Trade Center Site
11. Workers Win Contract at St. Francis Medical Center