For more information on other WellPoint health plan studies, go to http://www.wellpoint.com/institute.
(1) Skinner JS, Fisher ES. Regional disparities in medicare expenditures: an opportunity for reform. National Tax Journal. 1997; 50:413-25.
(2) Maetzel A, Li L. The economic burden of low back pain; a review of studies published between 1996 and 2001. Best Pract. Res Clin Rheumatol 2002; 16:23-30.
(3) Martin, Brook, Deyo, Richard, Mirza, Sohail. Expenditures and Health Status Among Adults with Back and Neck Problems. JAMA 2008: 299(6): 656-664.
(4) Cherkin DC, Deyo RA, Street JH, Barlow W. Predicting poor outcomes for back pain seen in primary care using patients' own criteria. Spin 1996; 21:2900-7.
(5) Croft PR, Macfarlane GJ, Papageorgious AC, Thomas E, Silman AJ. Outcome of low back pain in general practice: a prospective study. BMJ 1998; 316:1356-7.
HealthCore, based in Wilmington, Del., is the clinical outcomes research subsidiary of WellPoint. HealthCore has a team of highly experienced researchers including physicians, biostatisticians, pharmacists, epidemiologists, health economists and other scientists who study the "real world" safety and effectiveness of drugs, medical devices and care management interventions. HealthCore offers insight on how to best use this data and communicates these findings to health care decision-makers to support evidence-based medicine, product development decisions, safety monitoring, coverage decisions, process improvement and overall cost-effective health care. For more information, go to www.healthcore.com.
About WellPoint, Inc.
WellPoint is committ
|SOURCE WellPoint, Inc.|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved