"Inside Government" Also to Feature "Nixonland" Author
WASHINGTON, June 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A recent swine flu outbreak at the Krome Service Processing Center in Miami, Fla. will be addressed this week on AFGE's "Inside Government" radio show. The show will air on Friday, June 19 at 10 a.m. EDT nationwide on Federal News Radio at www.federalnewsradio.com and 1500 AM in the Washington, D.C., area.
Matthew Brooks, president of AFGE Local 527, which represents U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) workers in Florida, will update listeners on the outbreak and the challenges he faced in getting protective equipment for the employees.
But first hear from Rick Perlstein, Progressive Majority President Gloria Totten, and Center for Economic and Policy Research Co-director Dean Baker - all attendees of the recent America's Future Now conference by the Campaign for America's Future. Perlstein, author of "Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America," will share his thoughts on the conservative movement as well as pressing issues in today's world such as the energy crisis. Totten then will provide an inside-look at running for public office - from campaigning and fundraising to getting re-elected. Lastly, Baker will discuss how the banking crisis impacted the overall economic downturn, and why another stimulus package may be needed.
"Inside Government" is hosted by AFGE Assistant General Counsel J. Ward Morrow. Programs are archived on the Federal News Radio Web site and can be heard on demand at http://www.federalnewsradio.com or '/>"/>
SOURCE American Federation of Government Employees
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Swine flu monitoring needed for farm workers, study says
2. eFoodSafety Enters Research Agreement with University of Minnesota to Test New Food-Grade Antiviral for Swine Influenza Virus
3. Swine Flu Cases Now Total 7: CDC
4. At Least 16 Dead, Hundreds Ill in Swine Flu Outbreak in Mexico
5. At Least 20 Dead, Hundreds Ill in Swine Flu Outbreak in Mexico
6. International SOS Releases Web Site to Educate Public About Swine Flu Outbreak
7. WHO Warns of Possible Pandemic as Mexico Seeks to Contain Swine Flu
8. U.S. Declares Public Health Emergency in Response to Swine Flu
9. Obama Says Swine Flu Outbreak No Cause for Alarm
10. Pennsylvania Working Closely With Federal Partners to Contain Impact of Swine Flu
11. Swine Flu: Infection Control in Hospitals Will Be Critical