Major League Baseball was the lead donor to contribute to Stand Up To Cancer, and Sidney Kimmel, the country's largest individual supporter of cancer research, pledged $25 million during last year's telecast. Other major SU2C supporters include Amgen, AARP, Bloomberg Philanthropies, GlaxoSmithKline, Revlon, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Wallis Annenberg & The Annenberg Foundation, Alliance for Global Good, Milken Family Foundation, Philips Electronics, Steve Tisch, The Island Def Jam Music Group and many others. In addition to ABC, CBS and NBC, SU2C major media partners include AOL, Condé Nast Media Group, eBay Inc., Facebook, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., Hearst Corporation, Los Angeles Times, Meredith Corporation, The New York Times Company, Time Inc, and WebMD.
About the AACR
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), which consists of over 30,000 scientists engaged in the fight against cancer, is the oldest and largest scientific organization in the world focusing on every aspect of high-quality, innovative cancer research from the bench to the bedside. Lauded internationally for its scientific breadth, innovation and spread of new knowledge about cancer, the AACR is on the front lines in the quest for the prevention and cure of cancer. The AACR holds meetings on critical cancer research topics around the world and publishes six major cancer research journals.
As Stand Up To Cancer's scientific partner, the AACR is responsible for administering the grants, and -- in conjunction with the SU2C Scientific Advisory Committee, led by Nobel Laureate Phillip A. Sharp, Ph.D., Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and David H. Koch Institute at MIT -- providing scientific oversight.
SOURCE Stand Up To Cancer
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Informational handout key to giving parents a better understanding of CT radiation risks
2. Majority of 2.4 Million U.S. Children With ADHD Not Diagnosed or Consistently Treated, According to New Gold Standard Study by Cincinnati Childrens Researchers
3. Standard Management Announces OTCBB Listing
4. Gastroenterology sets standards for CT colonography
5. Public Health and Need for Consistent Standards Preclude Exception for Breastfeeding Mother in National Medical Licensing Test
6. New Drug No Substitute for Standard Blood-Clot Therapy
7. Lung Cancer Alliance Stands Behind CT Screening for Lung Cancer
8. J.D. Power and Associates Reports: Hackensack University Medical Center Recognized as First Hospital to Achieve Distinction for Providing an Outstanding Inpatient Experience in All Four Service Areas
9. Updated GOLD report presents new understandings in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of COPD
10. Elder Caregiving Site ShirleyBOARD.com Wins WebAward for Outstanding Online Community
11. New understanding of basic units of memory