in with a soap-free cleanser such as Cetaphil or Aquanil.
2. Avoid scrubbing, picking, or rough treatment of acne to prevent scarring.
3. Avoid dermabrasion facials and chemical peels as these can lead to secondary infections.
4. Apply topical Vitamin C serum every morning to the affected skin as Vitamin C has wound-healing properties and can double as a sun protection lotion.
5. Follow a low carbohydrate diet such as the Atkin’s program or South Beach Diet.
6. For additional help, see a dermatologist who will prescribe one of the prescription retinoid creams to speed up blackhead removal and reduce oiliness.
7. Adults who think they have acne should see a dermatologist because their condition may be due to other causes such as Staph infection, allergic reaction, or rosacea
which require different treatment than teenage acne.
8. If you have residual scarring from a bad case of acne when you were younger, the Active FX fractional resurfacing laser can improve or remove acne scars.
Cosmetic dermatologist, Robin Fleck, M.D., is a double board certified dermatologist and internist, recognized by the American Board of Dermatology and the American Board of Internal Medicine. She is founder and Medical Director of Southwest Skin and Cancer Institute and Body Oasis Laser Aesthetics http://www.rejuvadoc.com. Dr. Fleck is a fellow of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery and the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Fleck is also the director of Vein Specialties in Prescott, Arizona and is a member of the American Venous Forum.
Read the full story at
Page: 1 2 3 Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Dr. Jeffrey Kenkel Appointed as Education Director of Department of Plastic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center2
. Southwestern Ear, Nose & Throat Associates Offers Guidelines On Hearing Loss, Lack of Sleep Affecting Back-to-School Health3
. Elevate Ventures Partners with Southwest Indiana Region Community Stakeholders to Launch Regional Entrepreneurship Action Plan4
. “We Made the Grade” at Southwest General Hospital5
. 911 Signal USA Attends the 2013 Southwest Police Fleet Expo6
. Southwest Health Center Hires New CFO7
. Palm Springs Sizzles at 31st Annual Southwest Dance Expo by Brad Schmett8
. Valley Fever Fungal Infection on Rise in Southwest9
. Southwest Skin & Cancer Institute Celebrates Ten Years of Service to Patients10
. 2 UT Southwestern scientists honored as rising stars in Texas research11
. Midlife fitness staves off chronic disease at end of life, UT Southwestern researchers report