Irvine, CA (PRWEB) July 29, 2013
"Social media marketing and networking helps small business owners, marketers and SMB professionals do more with their customers: connect more, engage more, service more, learn more and promote more." Sanjay Dalal, founder & CEO, oGoing. "oGoing provides an amazing social network and social media marketing platform for small business."
Many business owners, entrepreneurs and SMB need help managing their social media. The experts at oGoing have created a highly affordable social media marketing package for $99 monthly. Learn more about the oGoing Max social media solution.
How effective is social media marketing? Here are some key stats:* Most businesses are spending more than one hour a day on social media marketing. Businesses generate more than 100 percent of web traffic if they have 51 to 100 followers on Twitter than those with 25 or less. Businesses nearly doubled their online traffic after they passed 1,000 Facebook likes. LinkedIn business pages have the most number of generated customers, followed by Twitter and Facebook. Google+ is effectively used by marketers to grow their SEO ranking and increase online visibility. oGoing integrates with Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Many online users and shoppers rely on social media to make a purchasing decision, or purchase a product or service through a recommendation on social media. Majority of social media users are more likely to buy a product or pay a service from a business connected with them.
oGoing presents Seven Best Practices for Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses and Professionals:
1. Get started with one or two social network channels; preferably where the customers are, and stay with these channels for at least six months. Don't fall in the trap of starting with too many channels. Stay focused and work hard to create an engaging presence.
2. Spend some time creating a beautiful profile! First impressions matter; customers want to get excited and inspired when they connect on these social media channels. Begin sharing the channels with the customers through the website, emails, business cards, blogs and more!
3. Follow the customers, promote the customers, and reply to their updates. The best way to engage with customers is listen to what they are saying, promote their key updates, and reply to updates wherever possible.
4. Ask lots of questions. The best way to start discussions and immerse your audience is asking questions about a particular industry, new products, current trends, news and events, products and services, and more. Customers are always looking to respond to questions.
5. Share educational, valuable and inspiring content with the customers, especially when traffic is at its peak i.e. when most of the customers are online on the social networks. Be creative and edgy when sharing. Always include a call to action in the content, such as a link to a white paper, an article, invitation to an event, or something relevant.
6. Provide customer support and obtain feedback using social media. This is often the best and easiest way to get going on social media. Ask customers to share their support issues, comments and concerns on social media. Create a separate handle to deliver customer service.
7. Analyze, reflect and re-charge. Social media marketing has to yield positive results versus set goals. "How effective is the social media execution?" Analyze the results, reflect on what worked and did not work, and re-charge the batteries to do more. Be flexible and nimble.
oGoing is USA's leading social network for small business. Over ten thousand entrepreneurs, small business owners, startups, service providers and SMB are using oGoing to connect, share, network, promote and grow their business using the latest social media. Grow website traffic, improve SEO ranking, get B2B leads and attract new customers on oGoing. Join oGoing today and Jumpstart social media. Join Now
*source: SocialMediaToday, Placester, MarketMeSuite
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10972108.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved