Mourning attributes his recovery to his positive attitude throughout his illness: "The key to my recovery was resilience. I worked hard to stay confident. It's human to have doubts, but I felt that if I stayed positive, my body would follow the mind. I could easily have given up. But if I had given up, I wouldn't be a world champion today. Without a dream, there's never a dream come true. Because of all of the things that I had to go through personally, and because of the journey that I had to take, I appreciate life more. This is something that I'll carry in my heart for the rest of my life."
Working hard to help kidney disease patients like Mourning are researchers at America's pharmaceutical research and biotechnology companies. In fact, there are currently more than 100 potential new medicines in development for kidney and bladder disorders.
Also featured in this month's episode of Sharing Miracles are Super Bowl Champion Jerome Bettis, who has asthma, and Leave It To Beaver star Jerry Mathers, who has diabetes. The two stars talk about their involvement with the Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA) and how important it is for patients to have access to the medicines they need to live stronger, healthier, more productive lives.
Future episodes of the program will feature Academy Award-nominated actress Lorraine Bracco, who suffered from depression; famed former Florida State University football coach B
SOURCE Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Sharing Miracles Features Major League Baseball Star Aaron Boone
2. Sharing a hospital room increases risk of super bugs
3. Sharing Miracles Television Program to Feature Major League Baseball Star Aaron Boone
4. Acuo Technologies Announces a New Offering That Enables Sharing of Imaging Studies Securely and Affordably
5. Community Health Officials Can Improve Real Time H1N1 Information Sharing with New Resources from Depiction, Inc.
6. Sharing Prescriptions Can Bring Harm, Not Healing
7. Celebrity Trainer Tracy Anderson Sharing Her Fitness and Diet Secrets This Week
8. Sharing Miracles Television Program to Feature Baseball Manager, Cancer Survivor Joe Torre
9. GENova Biotherapeutics signs LOI with Korean university for stem cell research and patents sharing
10. Sharing Miracles Television Program to Feature Award-Winning Hollywood Star Danny Glover
11. Sharing Prescription Meds Common Among U.S. Teens