San Francisco, California (PRWEB) July 10, 2013
Asiana Flight 214 crashed at approximately 120 miles per hour. At such force, seat backs snapped into a reclining position or buckled. Imagine a racecar driver, without a helmet, crashing a 300-ton car. That is what some of the passengers experienced.
Randy Scarlett, Esq., Board Director of the California Brain Injury Association and of counsel at the Nolan Law Group, which concentrates in Aviation Accident and Traumatic Brain Injury, stated “there were significant spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries with the first wave of patients. More subtle concussions and spinal cord injuries were in the second wave of those patients coming to San Francisco General complaining of headaches, dizziness, etc. I believe it would be hard to be in such a severe crash and not experience some brain trauma, although there are always the exceptions.” Good news is 80% of the people who have mild concussion will recover in a very short amount of time with no lingering affect. However, the other 20% will be affected for a significant time in their lives. He recommends friends or family members should ask all passengers what they remember right before the crash and what they remember after. “That will tell if there is head trauma and indicate if the person passed out” states Scarlett. What symptoms does he recommend you look for…. Nausea, Headaches, Memory loss, Speech problems, Depression, Vomiting, and Sensory loss.
Jim Hall, Esq., Former Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board and of counsel at the Nolan Law Group, is concerned if the 16g seats were able to handle the impact. “I believe that it is time to update aviation seat standards to take a stronger g force, especially in light of the many recent spinal and head injuries” Jim stated. He also believes pilots’ previous flight hour requirements should be standardized. He feels “there was not enough accountability in the pilots’ experience and management’s decision to select those pilots for that plane”.
Don Nolan, Esq., founder of the Nolan Law Group, concurs and adds “it is also necessary to look at evacuation slides as they have been a continuing issue of interior deployment causing injuries. It is only by looking carefully at all aspect of this crash that we can make the necessary changes to insure that this never happens again”.
Collectively these three highly experienced attorneys have been passenger advocates for the most famous plane crashes over the past thirty years.
For interviews contact:
Michele Kelly 415 388 8009,mobile 415 328 3966
Ed Fogelman 415 328 3969.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10913928.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved