KENT, Wash., Sept. 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Even in tough economic times, there are ways to make a difference that go beyond dollars. Money is only part of the answer ... but what about giving the gift of LIFE? That opportunity is available on September 23.
Kiel Mortgage, in conjunction with the Puget Sound Blood Center and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, invite the public to a special "Marrow-thon", in honor of Linda Kendall. Linda is a former loan officer with Kiel who has been battling with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for ten years. As a company, Kiel believes in giving back to the community and is therefore sponsoring the Marrow-thon as a means to raise awareness about the importance of becoming a bone marrow donor. You may be a match for Linda or thousands of others who are waiting for a life saving transplantation. Testing requires a cheek swab that is submitted to the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) Registry.
The goal is to register 100 people for the bone marrow registry. Donations are also encouraged, with the added goal of raising $100,000 in contributions to NTAF, the Northwest Transplant Assistance Fund. The funds will be used to help off set the tremendous medical costs incurred by Linda "an incredible woman who is always the first to give to anyone in need and now Kiel is asking the public to help them to give back to her," according to Tamara Sevigny of Keil Mortgage.
Each year 35,000 men, women and children are diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma and other life-threatening blood cancers that can be treated by a bone marrow or cord blood transplant. Only 30 percent will find a matching donor within their families; the remaining 70 percent must search the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) Registry for a life-saving donor match, and a second chance at life.
The Marrow-thon is being held at Kiel Mortgage's Kent office, 203 Madison Ave. North from 7 am to 5 pm on Wednesday, September 23. It's the chance to help give someone the gift of life. More information is available by calling Kiel Mortgage at 888-778-5435 or on line at kielmortgage.com.
|SOURCE Kiel Mortgage|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved