Adjusted EPS excluding selected items:
EURO 1.43, up 1.4%
$2.14, up 15.7%(1)
PARIS, April 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In order to give a
representation of our underlying economic performance, we present and
explain an adjusted income statement. We also report adjusted net income
and adjusted EPS (excluding selected items) in U.S. dollars(1) in order to
facilitate comparisons with the majority of major pharmaceutical groups.
Consolidated net income for the first quarter of 2008 was EURO 1,325
million, compared with EURO 1,537 million for the first quarter of 2007.
* Net sales: EURO 6,937 million, up 0.8% on a comparable basis
* Net sales growth of 7.2%(2) for the Pharmaceuticals business, excluding
the impact of generics of Ambien(R) IR in the United States and
Eloxatin(R) in Europe(3), in line with previous quarters
* Strong growth(2) for Plavix(R) (18.9%), Lovenox(R) (21.5%), Lantus(R)
(30.8%), and Taxotere(R) (13.3%)
* Ongoing cost control and adaptation measures
* Adjusted net income excluding selected items: EURO 1,883 million, or
EURO 1.43 per share
Research & Development
* Positive results from GEMS, the third Phase III trial evaluating
eplivanserin in sleep quality Filing for approval scheduled for the
second half of 2008
* Agreement with Dyax on a human monoclonal antibody and on Phage Display
Confirmation of 2008 Guidance
The first-quarter results support 2008 full-year guidance at constant EURO/dollar parity (1.371), as announced on February 12 (refer to 2008 Guidance section).
2008 first-quarter net sales
Unless otherwise indicated, all sales growth figures in this press release are stated on a comparable basis.
Sanofi-aventis generated first-qua
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved