World's lowest-power, highest channel-count 12-bit ADC reduces I/O pin count and power consumption for high-bandwidth applications
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Samplify Systems, a provider of mixed-signal compression solutions for intelligent data conversion, today ramps production of its innovative family of analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) integrated with the company's compression technology. Developed to solve high-speed signal-processing bottlenecks, the SAM1600 ADCs have achieved production qualification on UMC's 130 nm bulk CMOS process.
"I am extremely proud of the Samplify team for the smooth transition of the SAM1600 family devices into production," said Tom Sparkman, Samplify CEO. "Qualifying devices for production can trip up even the largest semiconductor companies, yet our team was able to go from sampling to production qualification without any changes to the die, an amazing feat considering having a high level of digital integration and having twice the number of ADC channels of competing devices."
The SAM1600 family delivers industry-leading power consumption in a true 16-channel, 12-bit device, and just 44 mW per channel power consumption. The performance of the SAM1600 family is further enhanced by the integration of Samplify's patented Prism(TM) data compression technology, which reduces the number of LVDS I/O pairs, and thereby the power they consume, by up to 75 percent for high-channel density applications such as ultrasound front-ends, 4G wireless base stations, wireless repeaters, automated test equipment (ATE), and RADAR/SONAR receivers. More information about the SAM1600 family can be found at '/>"/>
SOURCE Samplify Systems, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Samplify Expands Global Distribution Channel; Signs Top-Ranked Chinese Distributor, Excelpoint
2. Samplify Systems SAM1600 Family of Analog/Digital Converters Named Finalist in EDN Magazines 19th Annual Innovation Awards
3. Samplify Systems Receives Top Honors From Electronic Products and EDN Magazines
4. Samplify Systems Announces Availability of Worlds First 16-channel, 12-bit, 65 Msps A/D Converter With Integrated Real-Time Data Compression
5. Samplify Evolves Business Model From IP Developer to Semiconductor Supplier; Now Targets Multi-Billion Dollar Market
6. Samplify Systems Announces Distribution Agreement With Tokyo Electron Device Limited, Broadening Availability of Signal Compression Technology
7. Samplify Systems Announces Availability of Compression for Computed Tomography; Integrated Slip-Ring Solution to be Jointly Developed with Schleifring und Apparatebau and Tokyo Electron Device Ltd.
8. Samplify Systems Adds Computed Tomography Expert Carl Crawford to Technical Team
9. Samplify Systems Announces Availability of Samplify for Windows Release 2.6, and Samplify for Windows Embedded Edition, Transforming RF Data Recording Applications with X-COM Systems
10. Celator(R) Pharmaceuticals Enrolls First Patient in Its Phase 2 Study of CPX-351 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia in First Relapse
11. Uno Chicago Grill(R) Rolls Out Gluten-Free Pizza Nationally