Learn more about the top ten Best Employers winners in the November-December issue of AARP The Magazine.
AARP invites employers to apply for the Best Employers honor by submitting an application outlining their exemplary policies and practices toward 50 and over workers.
Candidates undergo extensive vetting prior to final selections. Key areas of consideration include: recruiting practices; opportunities for training, education and career development; workplace accommodations; alternative work options, such as flexible scheduling, job sharing, and phased retirement; employee health and pension benefits; retiree benefits; and age diversity of the workforce.
2007 AARP Best Employers Winners
Rank, Name City, State
1. SC Johnson Racine, WI
2. Mercy Health System Janesville, WI
3. First Horizon National Corporation Memphis, TN
4. Scripps Health San Diego, CA
5. Stanley Consultants Muscatine, IA
6. Lee Memorial Health System Fort Myers, FL
7. Leesburg Regional Medical Center & Leesburg, FL
The Villages Regional Hospital
8. George Mason University Fairfax, VA
9. Principal Financial Group Des Moines, IA
10. Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, MA
11. MidMichigan Health Midland, MI
12. Bon Secours Richmond Health System Richmond, VA
13. The YMCA of Greater Rochester Rochester, NY
14. Brevard Public Schools Viera, FL
15. Atlantic Health Morristown, NJ
|SOURCE AARP Pennsylvania|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved