Kansas City, MO (PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Sometimes you have to get creative to grab the attention of high-risk workers to keep them safe. Thousands of companies have found a fun scratch-off gamecard to just do the trick. Kansas City based Safety Jackpot Inc. has had decades of success saving lives and dollars for companies all over the world. Employees have fun scratching and trading the gamecards they earn for safe behavior on the job. Card points are redeemed for catalog prizes, exotic trips, and huge cash drawings. The company has announced the cards can now be delivered online electronically which revolutionizes an industry historically driven by manual time-consuming safety programs.
Tyson Foods, based in Columbia SC, has seen the benefits of going online first-hand. “We have seen a 68% decrease in accidents since the inception of this program,” Mandi Kirkpatrick of Tyson commented. “We email the gamecards weekly to each team member that has had a successful safety week….and not had any negative safety issues or disciplinary actions.” Cards are also given out for completing safety education quizzes, and reporting near misses and unsafe conditions.
It seems the old days of safety programs taking a lot of administration time are a thing of the past. “The online version of this program has allowed us to cut our safety admin time from 2 hours a week to only 5 minutes!” Kirkpatrick commented. The online portal not only stirs up safety awareness, but also helps in overall company communication. Kirkpatrick concurred, “I feel closer to my team members and know that they have a way to communicate with me even though I am not at that location.”
Similar results to Tyson are reported from hundreds of other companies such as Kraft, ConAgra, 3M, DoubleTree, Overhead Door, HMSHost, Johnson Controls, and SimplexGrinnell.
Typically, most Safety incentive programs reward taxable gift cards or manual incentive points for safety behaviors. “This gamecard system, which gives employees chances at huge cash drawings and vacation packages, has outperformed the old point programs ten-fold,” commented Buck Peavey, President / CEO of Peavey Corp. (Safety Jackpot’s parent company). Peavey Corp., which has been in business for over sixty years, has conducted several engagement studies. “We have found that 55% of the population is more motivated by the chance to win big, such as a sweepstakes-type drawing, the other 45% is more motivated by smaller tangible rewards for goal achievement." Peavey further added, “To have a successful program, you must reach BOTH audiences…. By using a game format that includes fun, rewards, and some humor… we have created a program that has much greater impact than the old standard 'points-based' programs we marketed in the past….In today’s world, one has to do more to gain the attention of employees. Being able to deliver this online, now allows social networking to play a part in lowering accidents.”
Safety Jackpot has adapted well to OSHA’s recent crackdown on safety incentives. Many are concerned that Incentives may cause under-reporting of accidents. “Safety Jackpot actually rewards for the reporting of claims as well,” Peavey noted. Tyson Foods’ Kirkpatrick agrees, “Even though accidents are down by almost 70%, … we have had a 52% INCREASE in reporting of claims and near misses due to Safety Jackpot… This is great!”
About Safety Jackpot
Safety Jackpot (http://www.safetyjackpot.com) is a division of the Peavey Corporation North America. (http://www.peaveycorp.com). The company has been an innovator and leader in the multibillion-dollar incentive industry since 1951. The unique gamecard “JACKPOT” system has thousands of clients, encompassing most industries. The program has been successful in over 11 countries. Safety Jackpot – Online (Patent-pending) is the world’s first and only online safety incentive portal. The company has recently launched Wellness Jackpot Online (http://www.wellnessjackpot.com) aimed at lowering employers’ health care costs.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11238764.htm.
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved