However, the difficulty of finding reliable, at-home pet care providers has spawned the need for firm guidelines on selecting the right professional. FETCH! Pet Care offers this advice:
1. Diligently check all of the company's references -- at least three
should be voluntarily provided
2. Ensure the company is fully bonded and insured
3. Verify that your sitter can accommodate both your pet's daily feeding
and exercise schedule as well as your desired vacation schedule during
4. Ensure the company offers 7-day per week telephone and email
5. Confirm that your sitter has undergone a criminal background check and
has received proper training
6. Pre-interview your sitter with your pet(s) present to observe
interactions and establish a "comfort level" for both you and the
7. Clearly state how you would like your sitter to use his/her visit time
in terms of walking, playing, feeding, cleaning, etc.
8. Provide medical and behavioral history about your pet(s) as well as
veterinary and other emergency contact information, and gather all
necessary supplies, including food, vitamins, and treats in one
9. Ensure the company has "backup" measures in place should your sitter
have an emergency that prevents them from completing your assignment
10. Confirm that your sitter will leave you a pet report card at the
completion of their assignment and that the company offers a customer
satisfaction guarantee in case you are dissatisfied in any way.
To find a reliable pet sitter near you, call FETCH! Pet Care's
toll-free consumer help line at 1-866-FETCH-ME or use its online pet sitter
locator at http://www.FetchPetCare.com.
|SOURCE FETCH! Pet Care|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved