"The Avalon Group has pursued this proxy contest largely in response to the board's unwillingness to enter into an investment agreement that the board determined would not have been in the interests of all shareholders. . .[I]n our opinion, the board acted responsibly with respect to the Dissident's proposal."
"We are extremely pleased that the country's three leading independent, third-party proxy advisory firms have carefully reviewed the voting alternatives and recommend that stockholders vote for the re-election of Providence's director nominees," said Fletcher Jay McCusker, Providence's Chairman and CEO.
To protect the value of their investment, Providence strongly recommends that all stockholders vote for their Board's highly qualified nominees on the WHITE proxy card TODAY - by telephone, Internet, or by signing, dating and returning the WHITE proxy card. Stockholders that need assistance in voting their shares or have any questions are urged to call Providence's proxy solicitor, Innisfree M&A Incorporated, toll-free at 888-750-5834.
On May 5, 2009, The Providence Service Corporation (the "Company") began the process of mailing its definitive proxy statement, together with a WHITE proxy card. Providence's stockholders are strongly urged to read Providence's definitive proxy statement as it contains important information. Stockholders may obtain an additional copy of Providence's definitive proxy statement and any other documents filed by Providence with the Securities and Exchange Commission for free at the SEC's website at http://www.sec
SOURCE The Providence Service Corporation
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Leading Proxy Advisory Firm RiskMetrics Recommends Shareholders Support LCA-Vision Board of Directors and Reject All Proposals by Dissident Joffe Group
2. RiskMetrics Affirms Recommendation that Stockholders Support LCA-Vision Board of Directors and Reject All Proposals by Dissident Joffe Group
3. Tennenbaum Encourages Shareholders to Vote the Blue Proxy for Tennenbaum Director Nominees at Online Resources Annual Meeting as Recommended by Riskmetrics/ISS and Proxy Governance
4. Conseco Responds to RiskMetrics Groups Recommendation on Dissident Director Nominee
5. Quigley Corporation Receives Support from Leading Independent Proxy Advisory Firms; RiskMetrics and Glass Lewis Reject Dissident Stockholder Ted Karkus, Citing Failure to Provide Detailed Business Plan
6. Glass Lewis Recommends Arrow Shareholders Vote on the White Proxy Card for Merger With Teleflex and for Current Board of Directors at Arrow Annual Meeting
7. FDA Panel Recommends Approval of SyntheMeds REPEL-CV(R) Adhesion Barrier for Pediatric Patients
8. American College of Physicians recommends flu vaccination for health-care workers
9. ISS Recommends Hologic Stockholders Vote FOR Merger With Cytyc
10. FDA Panel Recommends Ban on Cold Medicines for Kids
11. AHRQ Report Recommends Use of Existing Call Centers to Expand Communications in Public Health Emergencies