- Solaris Platform is Now Supported to Help Advance Research-
MISSION VIEJO, Calif., Oct. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Supporting growing demand within the biomedical market for its innovative genomic search technology, SLIM Search(TM), Inc. announces the availability of Release 1.3 of SLIM Search. The SLIM Search genomic search tool delivers greater speed, flexibility and sensitivity for biomedical research and development. Version 1.3 includes the following features:
* New platform support for Solaris 10 (32 bit and 64 bit)
* New installer support for the following operating systems:
* RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) installer for Linux
* Installer for Sun Solaris 10
* Corrected reported default settings and handling discrepancies:
* Adjusted defaults to better match BLAST parameters
* Transmit case specific command line flags
* Report all word hits exactly once in all cases
"With the SUN Solaris platform support, the innovative Slim Search technology combined with the scalability of Solaris will make a major impact on the productivity of research pipelines for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies." states Leonard Bloksberg, CEO of SLIM Search, Ltd.
SLIM Technology is a lightning-fast, memory-efficient "disruptive"
technology that is not only the enabling technology for the entire
discipline of personalized medicine but is also a unique, powerful research
tool for one of the fastest growing research fields. SLIM Search opens new
doors for research through a revolutionary advancement in the speed of
information processing for genomic research. SLIM Search delivers greater
speed performing up to 10,000 times faster than a fully optimized BLAST,
which is the standard tool of the industry. SLIM Search can re-map a human
genome in a few hours on a desktop workstation instead of months on a
multi-million dollar computer cluster using BLAST. SLIM Search can deliver
|SOURCE SLIM Search, Inc.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved