PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) today honored the 2009 class of RAPS Fellows. The 16 Fellows are highly accomplished professionals working in the healthcare product regulatory field. They were honored during the opening session of the 2009 RAPS Annual Conference & Exhibition in Philadelphia.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070314/DCW091LOGO )
The RAPS Fellows program recognizes senior regulatory professionals for their continued significant contributions and leadership in the advancement of the profession and the professional. Fellows receive a dignified status and special services from RAPS and will serve as important resources for strategic dialogue, mentoring, implementation of special initiatives and international development. This is the second year of the RAPS Fellows program.
The 2009 RAPS Fellows are:
- Chas Burr, MS, MBA, graduate program director, Health Product Regulation, Regis College; and president and principal consultant, Chas Burr Q/R Services Inc.
- Joy Cavagnaro, Ph.D., DABT, RAC, president and founder, Access BIO
- Nancy Chew, MS, RAC, president, Regulatory Affairs, North America Inc.
- Michael Hamrell, Ph.D., RAC, president, MORIAH Consultants
- Marie D. Kuker, RPh, RAC, president, Kuker Regulatory Consulting LLC
- Philip T. Lavin, Ph.D., executive chairman, Averion International
- Kenneth F. Miles, Ph.D., RAC, principal consultant, Miles Technologies Group LLC
- Penny Northcutt, RAC, CQA, president and CEO, REGSolutions LLC
- Peggy Pence, Ph.D., RAC, president and executive officer, Symbion Research International Inc.
- Kathryn Rangus, MS, MBA, RAC, president, Drug & Device Regulatory Services Inc.
- Robert Schiff, MS, PhD, RAC, CQA, president and CEO, Schiff & Company Inc.
- David C. Steinberg, MBA, president, Steinberg & Associates Inc.
- Susan Stewart, RAC, vice president, regulatory affairs, TransMolecular Inc.
- O. Reed Tarwater, Ph.D., RAC, director, pharmaceutical consulting services, Anson Group
- Henrietta Ukwu, MD, FACP, vice president, global regulatory affairs, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Pamela Williamson, MBA, RAC, senior vice president, global regulatory affairs and corporate quality, Genzyme Corporation
Members of the working media who wish to cover all or part of the 2009 RAPS Annual Conference & Exhibition should send an email to RAPS Communications Manager Zachary Brousseau at email@example.com or may register on site by going to the press office in room 104A of the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Media must bring valid press credentials or a letter from an assigning editor on company letterhead.
Conference sponsors include: Anson Group, Boston Scientific, BSI Healthcare, Crimson/Transperfect, Elsevier Business Intelligence, GE Healthcare, Kendle, Prolifiq Software, Stericycle and Tarius.
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is an international membership organization of regulatory professionals in the rapidly growing medical device, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Regulatory professionals play vital roles in making better healthcare products possible. They work throughout the healthcare product lifecycle, ensuring these products are safe and effective, while driving organizational strategy and sound decision-making. RAPS supports these individuals and the regulatory profession by providing education and training, Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC), professional standards, research, knowledge-sharing, publications, networking, career development opportunities and other valuable resources; and is committed to helping its members continually develop the knowledge and skills they need to excel. RAPS is headquartered near Washington, DC, with offices in Brussels and Tokyo. RAPS.org
Related medicine news :1
|SOURCE Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS)|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. RAPS Honors Dexter, Shorer and Novales-Li for Outstanding Contributions to Healthcare Product Regulatory Profession2
. Endo Pharmaceuticals Gives Update on Regulatory Status of Testosterone Undecanoate for Men with Hypogonadism3
. Key Stakeholders to Discuss Regulatory Issues Related to the Use of Study Endpoints in Multinational Clinical Trials 4
. Novo Nordisk Appoints Per Falk, M.D., Ph.D., as Vice President for Clinical, Medical and Regulatory Affairs for North America5
. Validation & Compliance Institute, LLC, to Provide Medical Device Regulatory Training for the University of Michigans Medical Innovation Center6
. CSCs FirstDoc Recognized by EMC as a Preferred Regulatory Compliance Application for Life Sciences Industry7
. Cornerstone Therapeutics Submits Regulatory Filing for Extended-Release Antitussive Product8
. NeoStem, Inc. Appoints International Expert in Endocrinology and Pharmacology as Vice President of Drug Development and Regulatory Affairs9
. Saint Vincent Health Center Ensures Regulatory Compliance with SIS10
. Transcept Pharmaceuticals Announces Expected FDA Extension of Regulatory Review Period for Intermezzo(R)11
. LCA Applauds Senate Leadership Team Working to Secure New FDA Regulatory Authority Over Tobacco