I think another important suggestion I would offer to you and your colleagues is to approach it on a bipartisan basis, because this is such an important issue to the American people. We learned in Vermont with a Democratic majority in our legislature and a Republican governor, we were able to work together to find a solution that made a difference. And it's obvious that both Republicans and Democrats are facing these challenging cost increases, both Republicans and Democrats have chronic disease, it's important that Republicans and Democrats work together to find solutions for the American people.
So thank you for this time, for you making this a priority, and we look forward to working with the Congress to affect some meaningful reform for the American people.
Speaker Pelosi. Thank you very much, Governor, for you leadership and for being here today. Governor Gregoire.
Governor Gregoire. Well again, I too, would like to thank you for your leadership and allowing us to come and join you today. As Governor Douglas has indicated, we as governors come in a bipartisan way. We want comprehensive health care reform and we want it this year. We want universal care as much as possible as a goal for the people of America. We want quality health care and we want affordable health care.
So I come ready to do everything that I can to help you in your leadership role so that this country can move forward and provide that kind of health care for America.
Speaker Pelosi. Thank you very much, Governor. Governor Rounds.
SOURCE Office of the Speaker of the House
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Pelosi, Hoyer, Brady Announce Appointment of Director of House Wounded Warrior Program
2. Pelosi, Democrats Host Health Care Forum This Morning
3. Pelosi, Members of Texas Delegation to Rally for Childrens Health Care in San Antonio Tomorrow
4. Hon. Nancy Pelosi, Bono, and YouthAIDS Global Ambassador Ashley Judd Among Celebrities at YouthAIDS Benefit Gala
5. Pelosi, Slaughter and Tubbs Jones Introduce Health Tracking Legislation
6. Western Governors University Offers Special Nursing Scholarships for Employees of Hospital Partners
7. Western Governors University Nursing Education Program Receives $500,000 Grant from the Texas Workforce Commission
8. Western Governors University Offers Two New Masters Degrees in Nursing
9. Western Governors University to Launch Nations First Competency-Based B.S. in Nursing Leading to RN Licensure
10. Western Governors University Addresses Rising Demand for Healthcare IT Professionals with B.S. in Health Informatics
11. National Caregiver Coalition to National Governors Association: Establish State Task Forces to Monitor Medicaid Spending, Ascertain Funds Going to Protect Seniors