GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies. GlaxoSmithKline is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
NOTE: GlaxoSmithKline distributes Nicorette(R) gum, Nicoderm(R) patch
and Commit(R) lozenge the United States. Outside of the U.S., its smoking
cessation patch and lozenge are marketed as Nicabate(R) in Australia and
NiQuitin(R) in other countries.
(1) Bricker, Leroux, et al; Nine-year prospective relationship between
parental smoking cessation and children's daily smoking; Addiction,
(2) Chassin, Presson, et al; Parental Smoking Cessation and Adolescent
Smoking; Journal of Pediatric Psychology, Vol.27, No.6, 2002, pp.
(3) Fiore MC, Bailey WC, Cohen SJ, et al. Treating Tobacco Use and
Dependence. Clinical Practice Guideline. Rockville, MD:
(4) Projection of the Cumulative Number of Global GSKCH NRT Quitters
(5) Projection of the Cumulative Number of Global GSKCH NRT Quitters
(6) Stead LF, Perera R, Bullen C, Mant D, Lancaster T. Nicotine
replacement therapy for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database of
Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD000146. DOI:
(7) 2008 U.S. Public Health Service Guideline: Treating Tobacco Use and
Dependence; early draft r
|SOURCE GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved