HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 26 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Edward G. Rendell today announced the investment of $94 million in 22 clean water projects in 20 counties. The PENNVEST board of directors approved $75 million in low-interest loans and $19 million in grants at its quarterly meeting.
"The critically needed water projects approved today will help Pennsylvania meet its public health and environmental challenges while creating construction jobs and permanent jobs in all corners of the state," said Governor Rendell. "Funding for these projects is another positive step to improve the environment and economic well-being of our communities and residents."
The awards range from a $125,000 loan to replace deteriorated drinking water distribution lines in a community in Crawford County to a $17.5 million loan and grant combination to build a new wastewater treatment plant that will eliminate wet weather discharges of raw sewage into a stream in Wayne County.
Funds for the projects are disbursed after bills for work are paid and the receipts are submitted to PENNVEST for reimbursement.
For more information about PENNVEST, visit www.pennvest.state.pa.us.
The Rendell administration is committed to creating a first-rate public education system, protecting our most vulnerable citizens and continuing economic investment to support our communities and businesses. To find out more about Governor Rendell's initiatives and to sign up for his weekly newsletter, visit: www.governor.state.pa.us.
EDITOR'S NOTE: A list of project summaries, by county, follows.
PENNVEST AGRICULTURAL WASTE PROJECT:
SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. AARP Statement on Governor Patersons State of the State Address
2. Emilys Law for Regulating Pharmacy Technicians Signed by Ohio Governor
3. Michigan Governors Executive Order Budget Cuts Do Not Cut Payments to Medicaid Patients
4. In New Jersey, a Blue-Ribbon State Government Commission Tells Governor Corzine and the Legislature: Its Time to Enact Marriage Equality
5. Ben Venue Laboratories, Inc. Named Recipient of the Governors Award for Outstanding Achievement in Environmental Stewardship
6. Cedars-Sinai Board of Governors to Honor Ryan Seacrest & John Bendheim at Annual Road To A Cure Gala
7. Governors, Legislators Update Current State Fiscal Conditions, Push for Economic Recovery Package from Congress, President-elect
8. Pennsylvania Governor Rendell Remembers, Celebrates the Life of Lt. Governor Catherine Baker Knoll During Capitol Tribute
9. A Recommended Sales and Use Tax Proposed by Governor Schwarzenegger Will Tax Veterinary Services, Says Social Compassion in Legislation
10. Bayer HealthCare Donates Hundreds of Food Items to Community Food Bank of New Jersey in Response to Governors Plea to Help the States Population in Need
11. Governor Rendell Revises Executive Order; Extends Operation of PA Health Care Cost Containment Council