(1) The International Diabetes Federation Diabetes Atlas. Available at: http://www.idf.org/home/index.cfm?unode=3B96906B-C026-2FD3-87B73F80BC22682A . Accessed October 30, 2007.
(2) "All About Diabetes." American Diabetes Association. Available at: http://www.diabetes.org/about-diabetes.jsp. Accessed October 30, 2007.
(3) "Direct and Indirect Costs of Diabetes in the United States." American Diabetes Association. Available at: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-statistics/cost-of-diabetes-in-us.jsp. Accessed October 30, 2007.
(4) James WPT, Jackson-Leach R, Mhurdu CN, et al. Overweight and Obesity. In Comparative Quantification of Health Risks: Global and Regional Burden of Disease Attributable to Selected Major Risk Factors, eds. Ezzati M, Lopez AD, Rodgers A, Murray CJL. WHO, Geneva, 2003.
(5) Saydah SH, Fradkin J, Cowie CC. Poor control of risk factors for vascular disease among adults with previously diagnosed diabetes. JAMA. 2004: 291(3), 335-342.
(6) Hertz RP, Unger AN, Lustik MB. Adherence with pharmacotherapy for type 2 diabetes: a retrospective cohort study of adults with employer- sponsored health insurance. Clin Ther. 2005;27:1064-1073.
|SOURCE Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Eli Lilly and Company|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved