Franklin, TN (PRWEB) September 30, 2013
This advanced level physical therapy continuing education course is designed for the experienced clinician and will enhance the clinician’s differential diagnosis and treatment skills of selected shoulder conditions. By providing an in-depth scientific and clinical basis (evidence-based practice), the clinician will enhance their ability to develop more precise treatment plans to achieve long term functional outcomes.
Particular emphasis of this course is on current surgical, examination and treatment trends, and presentations and discussions will occur regarding some controversial selected shoulder conditions. A novel aspect in this course will be evidence-based information regarding complications, failures or mistakes that have occurred during the last 40 years of examining and treating patients with shoulder problems. Several new trends in surgical procedures for rotator cuff tears and repairs, instability surgeries, SLAP lesions and biceps tenotomy vs. tenodesis will be described and examined. Approximately, five hours of course time will be on a comprehensive examination of the shoulder complex integrating didactic and hands-on lab. The examination will include differential diagnosis techniques and procedures to rule in/out specific shoulder conditions. Imaging studies will be discussed as part of the clarifying exam and differential diagnosis.
This course will combine all the information you have developed over years of clinical experience and will customize one approach into a systematic outcomes oriented manner.
PT Continuing Education Course Objectives
Select and evaluate the optimum examination techniques for examination, evaluation, diagnosis and prognosis of the shoulder and the overall patient’s wellness.
- Develop differential diagnosis skills to rule in/out specific shoulder conditions.
- Recognize and interpret the appropriate imaging techniques as part of the comprehensive examination of the patient.
- Develop proficiency in performing examination techniques of the shoulder complex.
- Compare and contrast commonly used shoulder outcome scales in measuring the performance of the patient and the shoulder and how they need to be integrated into documenting the effectiveness of clinical practice.
- Analyze case studies to be presented and discussed to develop clinical reasoning skills.
- Integrate an understanding of evidence based practice and how to integrate into one’s clinical practice using self-reflection.
- Evaluate specific therapeutic exercise interventions including the scientific and clinical rationale to support the exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate particular treatment interventions that provide the best practice patterns for selected shoulder conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the top 10 foundational exercises.
- Identify the resources available to research the current best practices.
This course will be presented at Multicare Medical Center on January 18-19, 2014 - Tacoma, WA.
February 22-23, 2014 at UHS Summerlin Hospital Las Vegas, NV
April 12-13, 2014 at Methodist Dallas Medical Center - Dallas, TX
April 26-27, 2014 Aurora Medical Center Kenosha, WI
September 27 - 28, 2014 Saint Peters University Hospital New Brunswick, NJ
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Shoulder-Continuing-/Education-Course/prweb11176402.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. North American Seminars Introduces a New Physical Therapy Continuing Education Course, Geriatric Pain and Mobility2
. North American Seminars Introduces a New Physical Therapy Continuing Education Course, Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussions3
. North American Seminars Introduces a New Physical Therapy Continuing Education Course, Spasticity, Abnormal Tone and Recovery Strategies4
. Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation Announces the 16th International SPD Symposium in Charlotte, North Carolina5
. North America Leads Cancer Tumor Profiling Market 2018 Forecasts in a New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com6
. Northern Virginia Real Estate Company Pasquali Realty Group Announces Home Sales Up in August7
. California Dental Group Hosts 8th Annual Dentistry Event in North Hollywood CA Providing Emergency Dental Care at No Cost to Patients8
. Tools4ever Launches Reseller Program in North America9
. T.E.N. Announces Nominees for the 2013 ISE® North America Awards10
. Domtar Corporation to Locate North American Operations Center in Pitt County, NC11
. North Shore Eye Care Adds Ophthalmologists Lawrence Buono, MD Christine Speer-Buono, MD To Medical Staff