The fall season is when most rodent infestations occur, as rodents reach their annual abundance. As the weather cools in much of the country, rats and mice move inside in search of food and shelter.
Help Is On The Way
To prevent increased rodent infestations this fall, Kaukeinen and Colvin have teamed up with the d-CON(R) to launch the "Good Riddance to Rodents" campaign. Kaukeinen and Colvin will be traveling to cities across the country to educate community leaders on the threat rodents present, and to provide tips, training, and prevention techniques on how to combat the impending problem. For homeowners, Kaukeinen and Colvin offer five simple tips:
1. Keep all trash in sealed containers and remove junk piles
2. Don't leave food out on counters overnight and limit access to pet food
and bird seed
3. Seal up any holes or cracks in foundations (rodents can fit through a
hole the size of a dime)
4. Cut brush and bushes back at least a foot from the home/building
5. Stock up on baits and traps, such as d-CON(R) brand, to manage
The full 2007 Rodent Risk Assessment is available upon request. For more information on d-CON(R) brand products, please visit http://www.d-conproducts.com.
About the 2007 Rodent Risk Assessment
This 2007 Rodent Risk Assessment was developed by using the latest U.S.
Census Bureau statistics to reveal 14 risk factors related to cities and
their environments. These factors included everything from human
population, climate, and solid waste management to annual rainfall --
common causes of rod
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved