"People with headaches are all over the map when it comes to their process in seeking relief. But the critical first step is to really get to know their personal headache patterns, and this new tool helps them do that," says Dr. Cady.
World champion luger Erin Hamlin has begun to chart her course to relief -- she was among the first to use the tool available through Headache U. During the day before the 2009 Luge World Championship, Hamlin suffered a debilitating migraine and went on to win gold the next day, becoming the first U.S. woman to win the World Championship title. She has since learned about the tips and resources available from the NHF, and is not only committed to getting relief, but also to helping others. She recently signed on as a spokesperson for the organization, and is participating in educational activities.
"I want to feel like I have some control over my headaches," Erin says. "With my travel and training schedule, I can't afford to be down. I owe it to my country, teammates, fans and family to be at the top of my game, and learning more about my headache patterns with these NHF tools is helping me - and others - achieve that."
A host of educational events and programs are happening around the country throughout National Headache Awareness Week, which is sponsored by the NHF through educational grants from Lilly USA, LLC; Merck & Co, Inc.; Pfizer Inc; Map Pharmaceuticals and NuPathe. People can visit www.headaches.org for a list of local activities, and learn how to get involved.
NHF makes it
SOURCE National Headache Foundation
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Health Education Solutions Launches Online Certification Programs for Critical Care Medical Professionals
2. KoolDocs.com, Leading Provider of Online Doctor Consultations, Launches New Website
3. HealthForumOnline Offers New Online CE/CEU Course on Pain Screening Instruments for Medical and Mental Health Providers
4. Michael J. Fox Foundation Announces Launch of PD Online Research
5. MedTrust Online Completes Second Round of Financing, Releases Next Generation Search Engine for Oncology Utilizing Dell eHealthcare Architecture Framework
6. LIVESTRONG and Penn Medicine announce partnership to bring online care plan tool to cancer survivors
7. PlatformQ and LabRoots Announce BioConference Live, Online Conference for the Life Science Research and Laboratory Sciences Community
8. Provocative Online Portrayals Can Get Teen Girls in Trouble
9. Medeguide and Patients Beyond Borders Collaborate to Feature Global Healthcare Options Online
10. Scienceroll.com on Neurology 2.0, a Free Online Resource for Doctors
11. Online System Could Cut Referrals to Dermatologists