Designs for Health, Inc., a leading national provider of nutritional products and services exclusive to health care professionals, announced today the nationwide launch of its breakthrough probiotic toothpaste.
Suffield, CT (PRWEB) April 6, 2010 -- Designs for Health, Inc., a leading national provider of nutritional products and services exclusive to health care professionals, announced today the nationwide launch of its breakthrough probiotic toothpaste. Expected to revolutionize at-home oral health care, Designs for Health's PerioBiotic™ is an all-natural, fluoride-free oral hygiene supplement containing Dental-Lac™, a patent pending functional lactobacillus dental hygiene probiotic not found in any other toothpaste. Plus, it offers additional, proven plaque and cavity-fighting ingredients.
PerioBiotic™ is available in two great-tasting, refreshing flavors – Fennel and Spearmint, and is not harmful if swallowed since it does not contain fluoride. This product is ideal for both adults and children; while parents want their children to avoid developing cavities, adults want to avoid gingivitis and periodontal disease. And more good news for kids—a new watermelon flavor is coming soon!
What Makes PerioBiotic™ Unique?
Known as an industry innovator and respected for its “Science First” approach, Designs for Health has succeeded in developing the first mild, non-irritating probiotic oral hygiene supplement offering superior quality and efficacy due to its exclusive ingredients:
Dental-Lac™ is a revolutionary dental hygiene probiotic that harnesses the power of a unique strain of beneficial bacteria called Lactobacillus paracasei, which has clinically demonstrated its ability to kill off harmful strains of oral bacteria including streptococcus mutans, a significant contributor to dental caries, tooth decay and periodontal disease. The benefits of Dental-Lac™ are significant, as beneficial flora in the mouth is critical to maintaining an environment that promotes optimal oral and dental health. By eliminating harmful bacteria, this exclusive ingredient offers a novel way to address the root cause of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Xylitol, is a naturally-occurring compound found in fruits and vegetables that fights plaque build-up and neutralizes plaque acids. Xylitol has been proven in clinical studies to inhibit the development of dental caries by reducing the bad bacteria known to cause them. Specifically it reduces the level of streptococcus mutans in plaque and saliva, which in turn reduces tooth decay and cavities. It has been suggested that the degree of reduction is dependent on both the amount and the frequency of xylitol consumption. In other words, the more the teeth are exposed to xylitol, the better it works.
- Calcium Glycerophosphate is a mineral compound that has been scientifically shown to fight cavities by elevating plaque calcium and phosphate levels. This raises plaque pH which counteracts the acidity caused by bad bacteria that leads to cavities.
What’s NOT in PerioBiotic™ Matters Too!
No abrasives, no food dye, no preservatives.
Adding to its comprehensive benefits, Designs for Health's PerioBiotic ™ is in a class of its own by virtue of the ingredients it does not contain – substances that are found in most toothpastes:
- No Fluoride – It has been drilled into our heads that fluoride is the only way to prevent cavities. Truth be told, not only is there evidence questioning fluoride’s cavity-fighting power, but worse, it may be harmful to the human body. If we ingest too much, it can cause rust stains on the teeth and brittle bones. Fluoride consumption also has been associated with hypothyroidism.
- No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – This chemical compound is believed to contribute to the development of canker sores, due to its denaturing effect on the delicate tissues in the mouth. Use of SLS-free toothpaste is proven to reduce the incidence of recurrent canker sores.
- No Saccharin – An artificial sweetener, saccharin can cause allergic reactions in individuals who cannot tolerate sulfa drugs, ranging from headaches, breathing difficulties, skin eruptions, and diarrhea. Concern over saccharin as a potential animal carcinogen culminated in 1977 with research showing an increased incidence of bladder cancer in rats fed large doses. Today, U.S. law requires that products containing saccharin carry health warning labels.
“We are very excited to offer PerioBiotic™ to our line of research-driven nutritional products. The therapeutic benefits of PerioBiotic™ go well beyond just having healthy teeth and gums, as bad bacteria in the mouth travel to the heart and contribute to heart disease. This amazing oral hygiene product will have a significant positive impact on the health of those who use it.”
President of Designs for Health
About Designs for Health
Designs for Health, Inc., now entering its 21st year, offers a complete line of nutritional products and services marketed exclusively to health care practitioners. A recognized industry leader, Designs for Health operates 3 fully integrated divisions: Professional Products, Research and Education, and Practice Development.
The company has offices in Suffield, CT and Arlee, MT, the home of Designs for Health’s wholly owned manufacturing subsidiary, Ashley Martin Manufacturing, LLC.
For more information, contact Designs for Health, 980 South Street, Suffield, CT 06078. TEL: 1-800-FOR-HEALTH (367-4325); FAX 860-627-0661; firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.designsforhealth.com.
SOURCE Designs for Health, Inc.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/04/prweb3880894.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Latest Resource From Dynamic Disc Designs Helps Physicians Educate Patients 2
. HCG True Diet Redesigns Its Website to Differentiate Its Brand from Competitors3
. CEIT-IK4 designs tool for operations on people with severe or profound auditory loss4
. Top Dentist in Laguna Niguel, Dr. Todd Snyder of Aesthetic Dental Designs, to Provide Six Month Smiles Cosmetic Braces 5
. Enterprise PDM Integration has Never Been Easier; Zero Wait-State Announces Leading SolidWorks Reseller GoEngineer as Master Distributor for DesignState6
. Sculptor Doug Roper Designs Bronze Sculpture for Morgan's Wonderland Park7
. Designs for Health Expands into New Corporate Headquarters8
. The Who Designs Limited-Edition T-Shirt Exclusively for Hard Rocks Signature Series: Edition XXVII9
. Capital BlueCross and Local Providers Reach Solution for Health Care Claims of Former Turbine Airfoil Designs Employees10
. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma Redesigns Web Site to Help Visitors Better Understand Health Insurance11
. Anna & John's Special Probiotic Blend™ Just Released by Sweet Cures™, the Innovative Natural Health Products Company based in York, UK