17th U.S. Surgeon General joining newly-elected PhRMA chair to support efforts to address the rising health costs and economic burden of chronic disease in Maryland
BALTIMORE, April 10 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Richard H. Carmona, M.D., M.P.H., FACS, 17th United States Surgeon General (2002-2006) and President of the non-profit Canyon Ranch Institute, and AstraZeneca CEO David Brennan, newly elected Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), will join state and local leaders in addition to partner organizations in launching a partnership to address the burden of chronic disease in Maryland.
Who: The Maryland chapter of the Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease (PFCD) has 38 statewide partners, 127 national partners and a distinguished panel of co-chairs including:
What: PFCD is holding a press conference to announce the formation of its Maryland chapter and highlight the health costs and financial burden of chronic disease in the state of Maryland. More than 3.2 million Marylanders suffer from at least one chronic disease, and $25 billion is spent on chronic disease treatment and management.
When: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10 a.m.
Where: National Aquarium
501 E Pratt St, Pier 3
Baltimore, MD 21202
About the Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease '/>"/>
SOURCE Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. International study strengthens case for daily calcium pill
2. Yakima Health Care Leader Tapped for Leadership Post at National Association
3. Virginia Tech Report Has National Importance
4. Donate Life America Dispels Myths About Organ & Tissue Donation Among Hispanics During National Hispanic Heritage Month
5. Us TOO Launches National SEA Blue Campaign for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
6. Mettler-Toledo International Inc. Announces Webcast of Presentation at Thomas Weisel Partners 2007 Healthcare Conference
7. National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), the Largest Insurance Subrogation Association in the World - Announced Today that Leslie Wiernik has Joined the Organization as Director of Education
8. 4-Star Gen. Barry McCaffrey, Former U.S. Drug Czar, to Address National Drug Crisis, Keynote Grand Opening of New Allenwood, PA National Model Detox Center
9. Australian-led international study shows blood pressure drugs cut death rate in type 2 diabetes
10. LCA Hails International Investigators Studying Lung Cancer
11. National Patient Safety Foundation Partners with Vocera Communications