WASHINGTON, Feb. 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ten health professional students pursuing health care careers in California will receive $5,000 and $2,000 scholarships from the National Hispanic Health Foundation (NHHF) at the Second Annual Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship Gala at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento on February 11, 2009.
The keynote speaker will be the Honorable Dean Florez, California Senate Majority Leader. Carmela Castellano-Garcia, President and Chief Executive Officer of the California Primary Care Association; The Honorable Joe Coto, Member, California State Assembly; Lawrence B. Garcia, Board of Trustees, Mercy Foundation; and Claire Pomeroy, Dean of the School of Medicine and Vice Chancellor for Human Health Sciences at the
The scholarship program is supported by the United Health Foundation, Abbott, AETNA, California Endowment, Eli Lilly,
This year's scholarship recipients have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and commitment to serving the Hispanic community, the nation's largest minority group. Their disciplines are in five areas: medicine, nursing, dentistry, public health, and health policy and management.
The awardees are: Hugo Torres,
SOURCE National Hispanic Health Foundation
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Bocce Palooza Again Provides Grants and Scholarships to Those With Spinal Cord Injuries
2. ENTRY DEADLINE APPROACHING: SAMMY Awards Scholarship Offers $7,500 for College
3. WGU Offers Future of Nursing Scholarships
4. United Health Foundation Provides $45,000 for Scholarships to the American Indian College Fund for Arizona Healthcare Students
5. ECPI College of Technology and Medical Careers Institute Announce Extension for South Carolina Military Scholarship Opportunity
6. NHHF Scholarship Program Targets Growing Demand for Diversity Among Health Care Professionals
7. N.C. Nursing Scholarship Applications Due February 28 for Bachelors Degrees, May 3 for Associate and Graduate Degrees
8. Unique Scholarship Helps People Affected by Epilepsy Fulfill Life Ambitions
9. Ronald McDonald House Charities(R) of the New York Tri-State Area to Award Over $500,000 in Scholarships to Graduating High School Seniors
10. Capella University Announces $50,000 in Scholarships to Graduate Students in Mental Health Services : Ten students are awarded scholarships at online university
11. New Stuttering Therapy Scholarship Makes Treatment More Affordable During Tough Economic Times