NEW YORK, Dec. 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ten students pursuing health care careers in New York and New Jersey will receive $5,000 and $2,000 scholarships from the National Hispanic Health Foundation (NHHF) at the Fifth Annual Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship Gala at 7 p.m.December 4 at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel.
The scholarship program was supported by United Health Foundation, who donated $15,000 for $5,000 awards to the top three students. Other major contributors included AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Empire Blue Cross, PepsiCo, Pharmaceutical Research Manufacturers of America, and The
Health Leadership Awards will be presented to Karen Davis, Ph.D., President, The Commonwealth Fund; The Honorable Malcolm A.
Scholarship recipients are recognized for demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and commitment to the Hispanic community, the nation's largest minority group. They are dedicated to improving the health of Hispanic communities. Their disciplines are in five areas: medicine, nursing, dentistry, public health, and health policy and management.
The scholarship recipients are: Benjamin Gardea,
SOURCE National Hispanic Health Foundation
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. March of Dimes Announces Nursing Scholarships
2. Eight Graduate Nursing Students Selected to Receive The California Endowment-AACN Minority Nurse Faculty Scholarship
3. HRET Awards Four Health Career Scholarships
4. Certified Nursing Assistants Receive Scholarships At Annual Recognition Program
5. The Sisters of Charity Health System Awards Four Nursing Scholarships in Ohio and South Carolina
6. Wal-Mart Foundation Provides Brenau University $250,000 Health Care scholarships Grant for Hispanic Women
7. Nursing Scholarships Offered by Western Governors University for Masters Degree Programs
8. Susan G. Komen for the Cure Provides Scholarships for Students Who Lost a Parent to Breast Cancer
9. American Lung Association Offers Biodiesel Scholarship to Minnesota High School Seniors
10. Students Pursuing Health Care Careers Receive $24,000 in Scholarships From National Hispanic Health Foundation
11. Cochlear Americas Announces 2008 Graeme Clark Scholarship Winners