New studies show Kangaroo Mother Care, where mothers serve as human incubators for their newborns, is one of the most effective ways to save the lives of preterm babies. This low-cost intervention could help the millions of babies worldwide who are born preterm. NAP, Inc.’s Sleepy Wrap baby carrier provides several benefits for preterm babies requiring Kangaroo Mother Care.
Boulder, CO (PRWEB) April 29, 2010 -- New research recently published in a supplement to the International Journal of Epidemiology shows Kangaroo Mother Care is one of the most effective ways to save preterm babies. NAP, Inc. – http://www.sleepywrap.com – one of the most established and reputable baby wrap companies in North America has been consistently dedicated to providing babies and parents with the highest quality, best fitting and safest wearable baby carriers. NAP, Inc.’s Sleepy Wrap baby carrier also is helpful for preterm babies requiring Kangaroo Mother Care.
By incorporating the use of NAP, Inc.’s Sleepy Wrap baby carrier, mothers and their preterm babies requiring Kangaroo Mother Care will receive the following benefits:
- When babies are worn on the chest of their mothers using Sleepy Wrap they receive beneficial touch, warmth and access to breast milk.
- The continuous skin-to-skin contact provided by Sleepy Wrap between mother and child enables early and essential thermal care and breastfeeding.
- Sleepy Wrap can be worn immediately after birth during the first week of a baby’s life when Kangaroo Mother Care has the greatest impact.
- It is safe to carry the baby upright on the mother’s chest using Sleepy Wrap – even for four-pound babies.
- Sleepy Wrap’s elasticity and soft cotton material makes it feel like second skin to both the preterm baby and mother. NAP, Inc.’s baby wrap offers an enveloping snug feeling without being constricting and never places pressure points on the baby.
- Sleepy Wrap’s skin-to-skin contact helps to assist regulation of the baby’s autonomic systems which are crucial – heart rate, temperature, sleepy quality, EEG, and immune system.
- Sleepy Wrap allows parent-infant bonding and enhances the mother’s or parent’s sense of control over the health of their newborn.
- While providing numerous benefits, the incorporation of Sleepy Wrap use with preterm babies is also extremely low cost and has been proven to be highly effective in all socio-economic settings.
Sleepy Wrap Classic is $39.95 and the Organic Sleepy Wrap is $59.95. Visit http://www.sleepywrap.com
for product information including numerous color choices, store locations or to purchase a Sleepy Wrap baby carrier.
About NAP, Inc.
Founded in 2006, Colorado-based NAP, Inc. is an environmentally friendly company that designs, develops, and manufactures premium baby carriers for babywearing parents including Sleepy Wrap Classic, Organic Sleepy Wrap, and the backpack-style baby carrier with patent-pending foot straps and head protection - Boba 2G.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/preterm_babies/Kangaroo_care/prweb3938884.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. The Flag Company, Inc.'s Recently Released “Feel Good” Light Lenses Grows Into Its Own Website2
. Daylight-Saving Time Switch May Leave You Sleepy, U-M Physician Says3
. Connecture, Inc. Launches New Technology Package to Increase Health Insurance Carriers' Success in the Online Individual Market4
. MIT is pleased to announce the nomination of Mr. Jacques Gauthier and Mr. Michel Carrier to its newly formed Advisory Board5
. East Tennessee Attorney Brack Terry Obtains $120,000 Jury Award For Injured Mail Carrier 6
. Not All Slings Are Created Equally: Baby Sling & Carrier Manufacturers Speak Out On Baby Sling Safety Warning7
. Feeding America's David Arquette and Courteney Cox Team Up With the National Association of Letter Carriers to Stamp Out Hunger™ 8
. PAL Browser, Helpful Software Available for Those with Mobility and Vision Problems9
. Anemia drug not helpful for kidney disease patients10
. St. Johns wort not helpful treatment for irritable bowel syndrome, Mayo Clinic researchers say11
. Genes May Influence Preterm Births