WASHINGTON, Sept. 11 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Tuesday, September 15, the American Muslim Taskforce on Civil Rights and Elections (AMT), a coalition of major national Islamic organizations, will host a Capitol Hill citizens' hearing on mobilizing Muslim support for health care reform.
DATE: Tuesday, September 15, 2009
PLACE: Rayburn Building, Room 2203, Capitol Hill, Washington, D. C.
TIME: 10 AM-1 PM (Social Hour 10-11 AM, Presentations 11 AM-12:30 PM, Lunch 12:30-1 PM)
1) President Obama's Healthcare Initiative and the Legislative Process: This is How You Can Help!
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN)
2) Why the Healthcare Status Quo is Untenable
Khalique Zahir, M.D., President, Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA)
3) The Obama Healthcare Initiative: Realties and Misperceptions
Zahid Imran M.D., Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America (APPNA)
4) Why Universal Healthcare is Both Medically and Economically Desirable and Feasible
Esam Omeish M.D., Chief of Surgery, INOVA Alexandria Hospital, Va.
5) US Healthcare: Human Dimensions
6) Muslim American Free Clinics: A Brief Report
Khizer Husain, Washington Liaison, Task Force on Health Affordability, American Muslim Health Professionals (AMHP)
7) Concluding Remarks
Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN)
For more information, contact: AMT Chair Dr. Agha Saeed, 510-299-9313, E-Mail: email@example.com, Salim Akhtar, 773-507-5335
AMT is an umbrella organization that includes American Muslim Alliance (AMA), American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), Council on American-Islamic
|SOURCE Council on American-Islamic Relations|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved