CHICAGO, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Morrisey Associates is making it easier for healthcare organizations to manage high-risk, complex patients outside the acute-care setting.
The company's new Morrisey Concurrent Care Manager(TM) (MCCM(TM)) Continuum of Care software enables organizations to extend their case management programs into their communities. In doing so, they are able to reduce unnecessary hospital admissions, emergency department visits and other high-cost services.
Using the Continuum of Care application, organizations can define community-based care management program, functional assessments and quality studies to manage high-risk patient populations proactively over time. Organizations can then track and report the effect of their programs relative to patient functional status, satisfaction and other outcomes.
"Until recently, case management programs were almost exclusively designed for the acute-care setting," says Morrisey Associates President Jim Nutter. "Our Continuum of Care module supports an industry shift to a more balanced, proactive approach to community-based disease management and care coordination. The goal is to reduce unnecessary acute encounters, as well as improve patient and primary care team satisfaction."
Specifically, Morrisey's Continuum of Care application:
- Automatically identifies and assigns high-risk patients to work lists
- Provides easy access to full encounter histories and documentation related to inpatient case management and discharge planning
- Automates and streamlines patient enrollment and follow-up assessments
- Enables case managers to document patient-specific problem profiles, goals for improvement and completed interventions to ensure goals are met
- Improves communication with primary care physicians, inpatient case managers, social workers and others
- Simplifies coordination of care with third-party service providers, including VNA, home-care, durable medical equipment providers and others
- Enables case managers to prioritize and automatically schedule follow-up activities focused on high-priority activities
- Ensures that patients and families understand disease management protocols, escalation procedures, medications and available support services
- Reduces avoidable inpatient admissions, readmissions and emergency department visits with ability to report cost savings
- Provides a mechanism to report improvements to patient functional status and patient/family satisfaction with care
About Morrisey Associates
Chicago-based Morrisey Associates is a world-class healthcare solutions provider, offering a comprehensive suite of best-of-breed credentialing and care management applications, along with industry-leading consulting services and flexible licensing options. To learn more, visit www.morriseyonline.com or call 312/431-0123.
Related medicine news :1
. Crystal Research Associates, LLC Issues Executive Informational Overview(R) (EIO(R)) on Tapestry Pharmaceuticals, Inc.2
. Mount Sinai & ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP affiliate to fight cancer3
. J.D. Power and Associates Reports: CIGNA HealthCare Recognized for Call Center Customer Satisfaction Excellence For a Second Consecutive Year4
. J.D. Power and Associates Reports: Hackensack University Medical Center Recognized as First Hospital to Achieve Distinction for Providing an Outstanding Inpatient Experience in All Four Service Areas5
. J.D. Power and Associates Reports: Rush-Copley Medical Center Recognized for Third Consecutive Year for Providing an Outstanding Inpatient Experience6
. InfoLogix Acquires Healthcare Informatics Associates Inc. (HIA); Adds Premier Healthcare Consulting Firm and Systems Integrator7
. IntegriChain Enlists Ed Casey and Associates to Drive Counterfeit and Diversion Monitoring Service8
. Simplex Diabetic Supply, Inc. Secures $50 Million in Growth Equity from New Enterprise Associates9
. Galderma Associates Itself to Cartiers Womens Initiative Awards to Recognize Female Entrepreneurs From Around the Globe10
. Regulatory Affairs Associates Gets New Drugs Tested Faster, Wins 2007 Innovation Michigan Award11
. Abt Associates to Lead Major Evaluation of Programs Aimed at Promoting Self-Sufficiency for Disadvantaged Families