This study, along with the positive clinical efficacy results of another randomized study for the treatment of large breast cancer tumors that Medifocus reported last week, demonstrates that Medifocus's focused heat technology can potentially treat the majority of all localized and invasive breast cancer tumors detected. The study reported last week, demonstrated that when the Medifocus's focused heat was added to the standard of care (SOC) neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in the treatment of large breast cancer tumors, tumor shrinkage was increased by an additional 50% over that induced by (SOC) chemotherapy alone.
The treatment goal of the Medifocus study on early stage breast cancer, is to demonstrate that focused heat treatment delivered prior to surgery can improve surgical outcomes and decrease the need for re-excisions or a second incision which can improve cosmesis and may reduce recurrent rates of the breast cancer.
Medifocus owns a patented microwave focusing technology (the Adaptive Phased Array ("APA") technology), which can precisely target and control microwave energy to cause heating in cancerous tumors anywhere in the body reliably and repeatedly. The ability to target tumors with a precision controlled dose of heat can be used to destroy tumors at higher temperatures, to treat tumors in combination with chemotherapy and/or radiation at moderate temperatures for increased effectiveness and reduced toxicity and to trigger the targeted release of therapeutic drugs and genes at tumor sites at lower temperatures. While the core technology has been licensed from the
SOURCE Medifocus Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. New Study Reports High Injury Rates for Hotel Workers, Even Higher Rates for Women and Nonwhites
2. Haemacure Reports Third Quarter 2007 Results
3. First-Ever List of the 5,000 Fastest-Growing Businesses Reports Total Revenue of $194.5 Billion
4. Consumer Reports Analysis: Drugs for Nerve Pain, Fibromyalgia Effective, But Not Always Best
5. MDS Reports Third Quarter 2007 Results
6. Allied Healthcare Reports Strong Fourth Quarter, Flat Net Income for Fiscal 2007 vs. 2006
7. AtriCure Reports First Human Implant of the Cosgrove-Gillinov Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion System
8. NMHC Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2007 Financial Results
9. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Reports Eighteenth Consecutive Year of Positive Performance
10. ReBuilder Medical Technologies, Inc. Reports International Sales Expansion
11. AdCare Health Systems, Inc. Reports Discontinuation of Definitive Merger Agreement with Family Home Health Services, Inc.