CEDAR KNOLLS, N.J., June 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MedeFile International, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: MDFI), a company specializing in portable electronic medical records management solutions, today announced the launch of its new Community Outreach Program ("COP Initiative") created to impact the quality of healthcare on a community-wide basis, while giving local emergency medical first responders the information they require to help make life-saving treatment decisions. Moreover, through the COP Initiative, MedeFile hopes to play a meaningful role in aiding local law enforcement agencies nationwide offset critical budgetary shortfalls caused by Federal and State funding cuts.
Specifically, MedeFile is actively collaborating with local law enforcement agencies and community leaders to:
- Empower local community citizens with personal control, peace of mind and unprecedented convenience when managing their personal medical records through enrollment in the MedeFile-sponsored 'Community Outreach Program ("COP Initiative");
- Provide local law enforcement with a new source of funding for use in purchasing advanced police technologies, including digital in-car video recording systems, servers, advanced lethal and non-lethal self defense weapons, digital finger-printing machines, mobile digital terminals (MDTs), Kevlar bulletproof vests, patrol cars, K-9 units, etc.;
- Provide local first responders with potentially life-saving information for citizens requiring emergency health care, and are otherwise unable to communicate; and
- Promote enhanced convenience, access and standardization of medical records for area healthcare providers and practice administrators.
"MedeFile is very proud to launch the COP Initiative -- a truly innovative program created to reach an even broader audience of potential MedeFile members, while also providing the means to help local law enforcement purchase the policing technologies they require to enhance public safety in the communities they serve.
On Thursday, June 19, 2008, MedeFile officials hosted its first enrollment day related to the COP Initiative at the Lady Lake Police Department, located in Lake County, Florida. Over the next several months, the Company will be hosting a series of enrollment events in Lady Lake and in The Villages, one of the nation's largest retirement communities, to benefit area residents and the Lady Lake Police Department.
MedeFile's flagship product is the MedeFile system, a highly secure system designed to gather all of its members' actual medical records and create a single, comprehensive medical record that is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any desktop or laptop computer or hand-held web-enabled computing device. MedeFile enjoys a number of direct, competitive advantages over others in the medical records marketplace:
- MedeFile is the only company that has developed products and services geared to the patient, while containing the depth and breadth of information required by treating physicians and medical personnel.
- MedeFile does all the work of collecting and updating medical information on an ongoing basis; its dependence on the patient taking action is minimal -- particularly when compared to patient action required to support competing solutions.
- MedeFile provides a complete medical record. Other companies claim complete longitudinal records, but in reality only provide histories (usually completed by the member/patient), and are by no means complete or necessarily accurate records.
- MedeFile is the only company providing a coherent mix of services and products that are intended to affect the quality of healthcare by enabling the patient to manage and access the information normally retained by doctors and other care providers.
In coordination with participating departments, local municipal authorities and community leaders, MedeFile will host and support educational seminars at predetermined local public venues (community center; public library; area church; et al) on electronic medical record management, at which on-site enrollment will be available. Promotional activities to support each event will include direct mail flyers to local residents; postings on community bulletin boards and in community newsletters (if applicable); and select radio programming. In addition, MedeFile will donate up to two (2) computers to the local Public Library (or other public venue providing community residents with free access to the computers).
For every newly enrolled MedeFile Premium and MedeFile Basic member residing in a participating agency's jurisdiction, MedeFile will donate a percentage of the membership fees to that law enforcement agency.
To receive information on how your community or local law enforcement agency may participate in the COP Initiative, please contact Kevin Hauser, VP of Business Development at 561-833-3385, extension 100; or John Morrison, Director of Elite Media Group at 407-585-1080.
About MedeFile International, Inc.
MedeFile has developed a proprietary system for gathering and digitizing medical records so that individuals can have access to a comprehensive set of their medical records. MedeFile's primary product is the MedeFile system, a highly secure system for gathering and maintaining medical records. The MedeFile system is designed to gather all of its members' actual medical records and create a single resource that is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Representing an advanced, yet easy-to-use, approach to portable, electronic medical records management, MedeFile combines state-of-the-art technology and the Internet to make medical data instantly accessible to each MedeFile subscriber and his or her authorized healthcare providers from anywhere in the world. In addition to accessing one's medical records through MedeFile's secure Internet portal found at http://www.MedeFile.com , members can carry their entire medical history and emergency information wherever they go on a unique device called a MedeDrive -- a proprietary USB drive designed to be carried on a keychain. The MedeDrive plugs into any USB port of a Windows-based PC; and because MedeDrive automatically loads its own viewer, users do not require any special programs or software to view data. MedeMobile provides on-the-go subscribers with the ability to enjoy even greater flexibility and access to their personal health information wherever and whenever they need it.
For more information about MedeFile and the MedeFile system, visit http://www.medefile.com .
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Act of 1995
With the exception of historical information, the matters discussed in
this press release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of
risks and uncertainties. The actual future results of MedeFile could differ
significantly from those statements. Factors that could cause actual
results to differ materially include risks and uncertainties such as the
inability to respond to the evolving technological landscape, inability to
finance the Company's operations or expansion, inability to hire and retain
qualified personnel, competitive pressure, changes in the general economic
climate, including rising interest rates, and unanticipated events such as
terrorist activities. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking
statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expect,"
"plan," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential" or
"continue," the negative of such terms, or other comparable terminology.
These statements are only predictions. Although we believe that the
expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable,
and such statements should not be regarded as a representation by the
Company, or any other person, that such forward-looking statements will be
achieved. We undertake no duty to update any of the forward-looking
statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or
otherwise. In light of the foregoing, readers are cautioned not to place
undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. For further risk factors
associated with our Company, review our SEC filings.
FOR MORE MEDEFILE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Elite Financial Communications Group, LLC/Elite Media Group
Dodi Handy, President and CEO
407-585-1080 or via email at email@example.com
|SOURCE MedeFile International, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved