Profitability improves with strong results across MDS
TORONTO, Sept. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - MDS Inc. (TSX: MDS; NYSE: MDZ), a company providing products and services to the global life sciences markets, today reported its third quarter 2007 results. For the quarter, MDS reported revenues of $321 million, net income of $7 million and earnings per share from continuing operations of $0.07. Adjusted EBITDA rose to $56 million, up 167% from prior year, and adjusted earnings per share were $0.14, up from $0.01 in the prior year. Third quarter results were primarily driven by strong performance at MDS Analytical Technologies and continued improvement at MDS Pharma Services.
- Delivered $321 million in revenues, up 24% from $258 million in prior
- Increased adjusted EPS to $0.14, up from $0.01 in prior year
- Delivered adjusted EBITDA of $56 million, up 167% from $21 million
- MDS Analytical Technologies delivered record performance at Molecular
Devices with $55 million in revenues and $15 million of adjusted
- MDS Analytical Technologies delivered strong performance at Sciex
with adjusted EBITDA of $21 million, up 40% from $15 million last
- MDS Pharma Services delivered their fourth consecutive quarter of
improved profitability with $4 million of adjusted EBITDA versus a
loss of $10 million in the prior year
- MDS Nordion delivered a solid quarter with adjusted EBITDA of
$23 million, up 10% sequentially, but down 8% from $25 million in a
strong third quarter last year.
"I am pleased with the solid results that we delivered across MDS,"
said Stephen P. DeFalco, President and Chief Executive Officer of MDS Inc.
"The MDS Analytical Technologies team has been doing a great job of
integrating our new business and MDS Pharma Services has i
|SOURCE MDS Inc.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved