Net Revenue up 24%, Adjusted EBITDA up 10%
TORONTO, June 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - MDS Inc. (TSX: MDS; NYSE:
MDZ), a leading provider of products and services to the global life
sciences markets, today reported its second quarter 2008 results for the
period ended April 30, 2008. For the quarter, MDS reported total revenue of
$350 million, net income of $11 million and earnings per share from
continuing operations of $0.09. Net revenue was $326 million and adjusted
EBITDA was $34 million, up from $263 million and $31 million in the prior
year, respectively. Adjusted earnings per share were $0.06, down from $0.11
in the prior year.
- Delivered net revenue of $326 million, up 24% from $263 million in
the prior year. Excluding the impact of foreign exchange and
acquisitions, net revenue increased 5%.
- Increased adjusted EBITDA to $34 million, up 10% from $31 million in
the prior year.
- Reported adjusted earnings per share of $0.06, down from $0.11 in the
prior year, impacted by $0.04 of intangible asset amortization from
the Molecular Devices acquisition.
- MDS Pharma Services had another quarter of strong new business wins,
up 60% from prior year to $165 million. The business delivered
$128 million in net revenue and a loss of $1 million in adjusted
EBITDA compared to breakeven in the prior year.
- MDS Nordion delivered solid performance in Q2 reporting revenue of
$80 million, up 13% from $71 million in the prior year. Adjusted
EBITDA increased 9% to $24 million versus $22 million last year.
- MDS Analytical Technologies delivered $118 million in revenue
compared to $77 million in the prior year. Adjusted EBITDA increased
13% from $15 million to $17 million and was impacted by softening
demand for high-end instruments.
|SOURCE MDS Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved