Industry leader readies its award-winning solutions to help customers successfully migrate to and reduce IT risk on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2; aligns customer migration plans with solution readiness.
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) Nov. 9, 2009 --
- As businesses ready their IT environments for the migration to Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server R2, Lumension, a global leader in endpoint management and security, understands the complexities and costs associated with migration to the new Windows platform.
- To prepare organizations for the migration to Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server R2, Lumension is delivering enterprise-ready solutions to support the new Windows platform and servers, while providing the critical information necessary to properly and successfully migrate enterprise-wide.
- To best prepare its customers for the Windows 7 & Windows 2008 Server R2 migration, Lumension conducted a survey of its existing customers to better understand their migration plans and align internal Windows support efforts accordingly.
- According to its survey, only a small portion of Lumension customers said they have immediate plans to deploy Windows 7, but a significant portion, at 32 percent, plan to deploy within 12 months.
- Further, according to Lumension's recent survey, 26 percent of customers have immediate plans to deploy Windows Server 2008 R2, while a total of 58 percent said they plan to deploy within 12 months, resulting in the new server adoption rate projected at almost twice the new workstation adoption rate in the enterprise.
- According to InformationWeek Analytics Windows 7 survey, two-thirds of the 669 respondents with Windows 7 deployment plans cite the operating system's new features as the primary driver or a contributing factor to migration. Yet, key Windows 7 features, including DirectAccess, BranchCache, improved search, power management and better offline folder access, depend on 2008 R2 server functionality.
Key Windows 7 Ready Solutions
- Following a thorough assessment of its customer base on their plans for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 adoption, Lumension has taken critical steps to ready and enable organizations to successfully migrate Lumension solutions to the new Windows platforms.
- To that end, Lumension's support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 includes its Lumension® Patch & Remediation, Lumension® Security Configuration Management, Lumension® Content Wizard, Lumension® Application Control, Lumension® AntiVirus and Lumension® Device Control to help organizations manage critical risk while proactively protecting vital information.
- Lumension plans to extend support for Lumension Patch and Remediation v6.4 and Lumension® Scan to ensure compatibility with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in the next 90 days to ensure seamless support for customer migration goals.
Dee Liebenstein, VP of Product Management for Lumension
"Our charter at Lumension has and continues to be focused on arming our customers with the solutions that fit their needs at the right moments in time. To ensure that our customers are fully prepared for the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 migrations, we conducted an end-user survey to better understand their migration plans so that we could align with their needs, versus the alternative. As a result, we feel confident that our support of the new Windows platforms will further strengthen our customers' security posture while lowering TCO associated with optimal endpoint management and security."
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security, Inc., a global leader in endpoint management and security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets. Lumension enables more than 5,100 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Texas, Utah, Florida, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Australia and Singapore. Lumension: IT Secured. Success Optimized.™ More information can be found at lumension.com.
Lumension, the Lumension logo, and the tagline "IT Secured. Success Optimized." are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lumension Security, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/windows/2008/prweb3177264.htm.
Related medicine news :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Lumension Security Announces General Availability of Sanctuary Endpoint Protection and Data Protection Suite to Safeguard Data and Privacy2
. Lumension Security To Showcase Vulnerability Management Expertise With Whitehatworld.com Webcast3
. Lumension Security Launches Interactive Office Game To Educate IT Professionals On 10 Most Common Security Risks Within The Workplace4
. Lumension Security Debuts New Customer Testimonial Video5
. Lumension Security Launches Podcast On Application Whitelisting: Keep The Bad Guys Out - Let The Good Guys In6
. Lumension Security Receives Frost & Sullivan 2008 Global Market Penetration Leadership Award 7
. Lumension Security To Host Industry Webinar On Staying Ahead Of Threats8
. Lumension Security to Host Industry Webinar on Protecting Vital Business Data9
. Lumension Uncovers Results of Security Data Protection Survey10
. Lumension Provides Leading e-Commerce Company Proactive Endpoint Security at a High Return11
. Lumension Security's Audiocast Focuses on Evolving Threats and Countermeasures: Achilles Heel of Data Loss and Theft